Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39e with a skydish in Dublin ??

• 28-11-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a spare skydish and wondered if it would be large enough to receive 39e hellasat. Am looking for the Bulsat channels? It is meant to be a strong Satellite although low in the sky, but would the dish be big enough?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

need an Triax 78 or similar approx 80cm

Get a solid dish 80cm or bigger

Sky dishes not easy to adjust or re-adjust. Built down to a price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

Borgman100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a spare skydish and wondered if it would be large enough to receive 39e hellasat. Am looking for the Bulsat channels? It is meant to be a strong Satellite although low in the sky, but would the dish be big enough?

Thanks in advance

it working for DOLCE TV but 80 cm will be better......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

wont be big enough for the HD transponder. That beam is a funny one here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Can you even get enough skew on the LNB for 39E? My own SKY LNB is at the full extent of skew for 28E and the dish itself doesn't tilt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

an 80cm dish to get hellas at 39°E and HD channels from bulsat too no problem work for me 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Great,how low to horizon level are your dish?

Advertisement