Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow

• 28-11-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

Wishful thinkgin here (very wishful) but what are the chances that there will be no college tomorrow? Snow is getting quite heavy now, in my area at least, and I'd say if it continues then the buses tomorrow morning might not be going.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'd imagine the chances are quite high, theres about 4 inches in Letterkenny right now and theres no chance anyone could drive down my street right at the moment.

They closed early a couple of times last winter and even cancelled the exams so keep an eye on your email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I just drove past the front of the college, and the roads are very slippy, with more freezing fog starting to settle!

I turned over by the Mt. Errigal Hotel, and then turned up by Tommy Keys garage to Gortlee. That whole stretch does not seem to have much grit being applied, and it's lethal.

Anyone thinking of driving tomorrow, should check their college email for updates, and even Highland Radio is great for updates on road conditions.

Just got word that a local Secondary School - Loretto Convent - will be closed tomorrow.
    This is likely to spread to other schools & the LYIT - although as of 17.35, no emails yet!

/edit - Make that every primary & secondary school in the Letterkenny area is now confirmed to be closed tomorrow.
    Still waiting on any news from LYIT.......

Sister just text me to say it was announced on Highland that its closed.

No email and I havent heard it myself yet so dont take that as gospel but I cant any way they can open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

I've been checking out the school closure list on highlands website, no mention of it yet although it seems to be getting continually longer, so maybe its just a matter of time (I hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

They could at least make an announcement! Closed or not!

Yeah this is getting annoying now, even if it is open there should be an announcement. There'll he hundreds of people living outside the town who wont know what to do in the morning. I'm only in Glencar and it'll be a challenge to get down, the road here hasnt been treated and its impassible, no cars going up or down all day.

Suppose you have to assume it's open if there's no announcements, been listening to the list on highland radio and no mention of it

The guy on highland at the minute has just said they've recieved no word as to whther the IT is closed or not

• Advertisement

There was no grip on the dual carriageway at 6 or 8 tonight. Don't know what it is like now but can't be much better. Poor show leaving people in the dark.

Well it seems it is open, their first announcement was at 9.35 which is ridiculous but there you go

I didnt bother going in, I've got a steep hill to walk down and the pavements are too dangerous so its not worth the risk for the sake of going to a class that'll be mostly empty

Where did you see that announcement?

Couldn't go in today anyway as my two pests darlings are off school due to the snow!

They mentioned it on Highland earlier. I wasnt wrong about that post yesterday either, they got a prank call to say it was closed :D

See there's an email out, saying the college is closing up at 4.30pm today.
    However, college will be open for business, as usual, tomorrow (tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

mrmac wrote: »
    See there's an email out, saying the college is closing up at 4.30pm today.
    However, college will be open for business, as usual, tomorrow (tuesday).

That is a bit silly considering that they wouldn't know what it will be like in morning therefore they could wait until tonight to see what it is like. They also said they will reach the decision whether to close the college or not by lunchtime tomorrow MEH!

Didn't go in today, will probably try tomorrow though. Had a test today but the lecturer sent an email last night saying he was postponing it. Can't imagine I missed much.

I went in at half 1, a grand total of 6 people were at the class which was the highest for the day..two showed up for the first class apparently!

Was told they keep it open and will decide whether to close early or not tomorrow, same as today.

Has anyone heard if the college is closed tomorrow? I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that it is, but thats not very reliable. Was in today for a few classes, 4 people in two and no lecturer for the third. Thinking I'd get more work done at home at this rate.

• Advertisement

They sent out an email saying there might be a delay in opening but that it should be open.

I only bothered with one class today at half 1 and there was only a handful of people there. The place closed then at half 3 so it was a bit of a waste of time going in. I hope it is open because I badly need to get some CAD stuff done that I cant do at home.

They said to check emails or listen to highland in the morning for an update

Thank **** for this snow :D

I had an assignment due today that I didnt get done in time, now got an extension to next week

Advertisement