Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband phone problem

Options
  • 28-11-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I have had digital telly and broadband with UPC for some years now. I decided to get my phone through them too.

With the phone they sent me a new modem but I already have the identical modem.
    I plugged the phone into my current modem and the Tel1 light does not come on and the phone does not work.

I then changed the modem to the new one supplied. Then the Tel1 light is on and the phone works perfectly. Only problem is now there is a problem with the internet. Everything looks like it's working and correct, my PC is telling me that it is connected to the internet but I am unable to connect to any web sites or use any web based applications.

So either I can use the old modem and have no phone service or or the new modem and have no internet :rolleyes:

Anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

am guessing you took on the phone AFTER you had the internet...
    Chances are UPC have enabled the new modem for the phone service, hence it works, and enabled the internet on the older modem, and not the new one...

Choose 1 modem, plug it in. There are some product IDs on the bottom or back of the modem that UPC will need..
    Give them a ring and tell them that you need the service that isn't working to be provisioned on this modem, as it was provisioned on the wrong one...

BTW - are they modems or wifi modem/routers?

Advertisement