Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long for eircom to reactivate my phoneline

• 28-11-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hi people quick question for ye just went back to eircom on thursday from perlico after there ****e service...cut a long story short i refused to pay the bill and they cut me off so i switched back to eircom for 51 a month which includes free reconnection free off-peak calls free line rental and 8mb broaband in which i can use my perlico modem too which i think is great deal.anyway im just wondering how long does it take to reconnect my line.they say 10-12 days i think.any help would be great thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

May take longer than that. If you refused to pay the bill, they will not hand the line back to eircom until you settle your account with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Short answer: Expect a battle with Perlico.

Long answer, our situation was/is similar:
    Had a dispute with perlico and refused to pay the bill.
    We waited until our contract was up a month later and they said they would not release our line. We decided to change number/line which cost 120 euro.

After ordering from Digiweb it took 2 weeks just for Eircom to change our number/line and then a week later Digiweb tells us we could only get 1mb broadband (We were on 3mb before).
    We got so annoyed with Digiweb that we cancelled the order (3 weeks just to tell us we could not get what we ordered?!).

We have ordered from Vodafone and the telephone part of the order was completed within 3 days but it has been 10 days now waiting for the modem and line to become active, the weather oviously hasn't helped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

ya but did u settle up your bill with perlico yet so..so should i just spend 120 euro on new line and number so..

Advertisement