Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to manage image size

• 28-11-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing a report and want to include a series of pairs of images displayed side by side. So something like:

[Image 1] [Image 2]

[Image 3] [Image 4]

[Image 5] [Image 6]

etc.

Where each pair of images is bounded exactly by the left and right margins i.e., each pair of images fits the width of the page exactly.

The problem is that this requires each image to be resized and I'm finding it very tricky to get the images in each pair to be exactly the same size. Even directly specifying the dimensions doesn't seem to work because Word automatically changes one or the other when fitting them onto a line.

I hope that makes sense. Can anyone suggest a better approach than simply fiddling with them in Word? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Perhaps it's doing it arseways, but I would suggest download a trial version of Photoshop and using that to resize the images.

1) File (main menu across top of screen) - Open - select your image
    2) Image (main menu across top of screen) - Image Size - enter the values (I'd select pixels as your measurement units - but use whatever makes sense to you).
    3) File - Save for Web & Devices - Select the file type you want to save as (gif, jpeg etc) and the quality. If you press the 2-up tag on the top left of the Save for Web & Devices window you can see how the image looks when you change the file type and mess with the quality while comparing it to the original. It also gives you the file size of both original and the file you are about to create, which I'm assuming you want as small as possible.

All in all, it's a 30 second job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Trial version shmial version, get Paint.NET or Irfanview, free image resizing fo' life! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Indeed! GIMP, another free programme, can also easily resize images.

Advertisement