Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery courses in Cork

Options
  • 28-11-2010 4:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey there,
    Can anyone recommend to me a decent cookery course in Cork (city or county)
    Ideally a weekend type thing , and even more ideally a VERY basic course.
    Assume I've only ever made toast.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I've done a couple of three day courses in Ballymaloe - I enjoyed them both and learned a lot, but they really aren't for beginners.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I would agree with you , and the the 5 day courses costing the guts of 10k are way out of my league.
    A basic course that would bring me up to the level of cooking dinner for the folks / christmas dinner would be ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CIT probably do evening classes. Worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

horgan_p wrote: »
    I would agree with you , and the the 5 day courses costing the guts of 10k are way out of my league.
    A basic course that would bring me up to the level of cooking dinner for the folks / christmas dinner would be ideal.

where'd you get that figure, the 12 week course costs 10K, the 5 day course is €895

• Advertisement
Advertisement