Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e71 "lock phone"

Options
  • 28-11-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,637 ✭✭✭

hello, so just before I ask my question, I want to explain the differences to avoid confusion
    So there is :

1. A keypad lock, where you can lock just the keypad to avoid keys being hit ( in your pockect etc. ) press, top left button and bottom left button on phone

2. A "lock code" for the phone : where you can force the phone to lock and you can unlock it via putting in a pre determined lock code

I have the lock code setup and all fine and to activate it, I press the power key and then scroll down to the option "lock phone"
    Phone is then locked and I need to put my password in to unlock it

My question is, is there a quick way to lock the phone ( not the keypad ) without having to press the power key and then scroll down to the option "lock phone" ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The quickest way is the way your doing it. The other way is setting it on time lock. You can select it to autolock after 1, 2, 3 mins etc. This will do keypad lock, and phone lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,637 ✭✭✭obi604

Davy wrote: »
    The quickest way is the way your doing it. The other way is setting it on time lock. You can select it to autolock after 1, 2, 3 mins etc. This will do keypad lock, and phone lock.

thanks for reply davy, yeah I also know about that autolock after the certain period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

you also have the remote lock option, you can send a text with a remote lock code to the phone and this will lock it down!

tech wrote: »
    you also have the remote lock option, you can send a text with a remote lock code to the phone and this will lock it down!

Thanks, I know that also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

ok no hassles, I think your looking for the impossible .

• Advertisement

Are you just looking for an easier/quicker way to active the lock?

Set the autolock period to 1minute, then all you have to do is hit 2 buttons real quick for the keypad lock.

I suppose im just being anal, but im just looking for a way to lock the phone without having to press the power button and then scrolling down to " lock phone"

Just for example, if there was something like the shift button and then the L button to lock it

obi604 wrote: »
    I suppose im just being anal, but im just looking for a way to lock the phone without having to press the power button and then scrolling down to " lock phone"

Just for example, if there was something like the shift button and then the L button to lock it

Ok well i dont think their is a way that your looking for e71. If you want to continue using the power button, press UP, it saves you scrolling to the bottom of the list.

Personally i just used the keypad on 2 min autolock, with 1 minute it gets annoying if you have just put it back in your pocket and you get a text, it saves you re-entering the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I assume you can assign one of your left or right keys to it, OR, the directional key??

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I assume you can assign one of your left or right keys to it, OR, the directional key??

no, tried this and you cant for this particular function

• Advertisement
Advertisement