Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

They're gonna win 2-1, they're gonna win 2-1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm not having a go at Roy today, we don't deserve that!! Bullsh!t

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Monkey9 should be put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gwan Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

**** tactics from Hodgson yet again. The sooner he's sacked the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brilliant :D Harry Redknapp is a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fantastic weekend, fanfúckingtastic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

To say we didnt desever to lose couldnt be more true in this game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

monkey9 wrote: »

Sat back too much in the second half for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Crouch really adds a lot

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No, it's all your fault today.

[cliche]

If you don't take your chances you'll get punished.

[/cliche]

That deserved a goal. Well played Lennon.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    To say we didnt desever to lose couldnt be more true in this game....

Maybe, but poor defending for both their goals and shockingly bad finishing from us led to it. We've let a very poor side on the day beat us, whatever about the ref etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Alomst 3-1
    A win nice does anyone else think this is like United from the early 90's always doing it at the very end :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Delighted. Fantastic weekend. Can't wait for MOTD2 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its all over.

One of the craziest, most entertaining games of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

****in spurs, ****in lennon, ****in maxi, ****in ref.

**** it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well done to Spurs on getting the result. They improved second half.

Gutted not to have gotten something from the game, but can't complain about how the team went at it today, and I thought that Roy had his tactics spot on for most of the game as well.

The ref was poor, but at the end of the day it was up to the team to take him out of the mix by scoring goals.

• Advertisement

Has Hodgson got the worst away record of any manager in this league ever. He really is a clueless clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

aurelio should never have come on for ngog , should have been babel - at least he would have stretched that tiring spurs backline with his pace . Im really pissed off we lost this game :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Terrible again from Glen Johnson.

We got what we deserved.

If you can't finish your chances tough tit.

Well done Spurs.

Terribly undeserved result, no way spurs deserved a point never mind 3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kess73 wrote: »

Gutted not to have gotten something from the game, but can't complain about how the team went at it today, and I thought that Roy had his tactics spot on for most of the game as well.

The ref was poor, but at the end of the day it was up to the team to take him out of the mix by scoring goals.

It'l be interesting to compare the above to Woys actual post-game message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hoki wrote: »
    aurelio should never have come on for ngog , should have been babel - at least he would have stretched that tiring spurs backline with his pace . Im really pissed off we lost this game :mad::mad:

Tbh I'd have much rathered Jova. Babel these days seems to **** up breaks more than he adds to them.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We got what we deserved.

If you can't finish your chances tough tit.

Well done Spurs.
    Liverpool played well if you play like that for the rest of the season you'll do pretty well.
    If Torres and Defoe we're on form it could of been any score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Woy cannot seem to motivate these players. Spurs were all over us second half. Have to blame Maxi and Torres for squandering chances

Mister men wrote: »
    Has Hodgson got the worst away record of any manager in this league ever. He really is a clueless clown.

Of all our defeats this season it's the one I'd blame him the very least for.

It's not his fault Maxi and Torres missed sitters.

Tbh, I thought his tactics were pretty ok today. We had plenty of chances to win and win well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

But we can play better. I told you last week Berba. We're gonna do you one nil!!

Monkey you jinxed it ! :D

• Advertisement

Terribly undeserved result, no way spurs deserved a point never mind 3.
    Wouldn't say that we were more clinical in the end which was the difference between the teams apart from that both teams very very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I'm still in the Last Man Standing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well done to Spurs.

Actually played well for 60 mins but then started to sit back too much which lessened the positive impact the likes of Johnson and Maxi were having offensively. Roy will be delighted by the performance no doubt.

Our team really is so much closer to being where we want it to be than people give it credit for. Shame the manager isn't.

Kess73 wrote: »

Hodgson tactics lost us the game more like. Taking off a striker and replacing him with Aurellio when Spurs where there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great game to watch, well apart from a horrendous peformance from the referee.

Kyrgiakos has to take the blame for that late goal. He went for a high ball and missed it. Liverpool unlucky in the end, I think they deserved a draw. A lot of missed chances from them though and in fairness to Spurs they kept fighting right to the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mister men wrote: »
    Hodgson tactics lost us the game more like. Taking off a striker and replacing him with Aurellio when Spurs where there for the taking.

You clearly haven't a clue.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Of all our defeats this season it's the one I'd blame him the very least for.

It's not his fault Maxi and Torres missed sitters.

Tbh, I thought his tactics were pretty ok today. We had plenty of chances to win and win well.
    Fair enough but i think Hodgson screwed up again againest a below average tired Spurs display. I suppose for a Fulham standard manager he did okay.

Ardent wrote: »
    You clearly haven't a clue.
    Sure and your Mourinho.

Les Ferdinand had a bet on Lennon to score brilliant

BERBA wrote: »
    Monkey you jinxed it ! :D

I hate you so much :D

I wanna vomit and vomit and vomit!

Look, well done Spurs! You did the business today. Spurs are Liverpool of a few years ago and Liverpool are Spurs of a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Great fcuking result. Yet again we come from behind to win a match. Spurs of old would have lost 1 or 2 nil today. When Lennon scored I was estatic! Great finish, but poor defending.
    Liverpool weren't great today tho, yes the referee was poor, and probably gave us a lot of soft decisions, but none of them resulted in either of our goals. Torres really should have had the game wrapped up shortly after half time. I dunno how many OG's Liverpool have conceeded against us over the years and I wasnt surprised when they got another one today. Was full sure Carra was gonna get it tho...
    Very poor peno from Defoe, Dunno why he stepped up to take it in the first place. I think he missed 3 or something last year and only scored that 1 against Chelsea. Harry needs to take a few of the lads for a bit of spot kicking after training from now on. Palacios I thought had a decent second half, Modric was his usual excellent self, but no other stand out players. Bale was yet again targeted by the opposition, got fouled a few times and always had at least 2 players marking him.
    Really is a good time to be a Spurs fan!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i wonder which comes first, woys next away win or his p45

the guy is totally clueless as to how to play away from home, not at any stage did you think liverpool would hold onto that 1-0 scoreline, same in the wigan game, konchesky isn't even championship standard

I hate you so much :D

I wanna vomit and vomit and vomit!

Look, well done Spurs! You did the business today. Spurs are Liverpool of a few years ago and Liverpool are Spurs of a few years ago.

Wouldnt say that, i was genuinely surprised at how well pool played today. Why did woy go defensive ( bringing on fabio) when ngog went off injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

P=mv Graham, P=mv

Can i just give Hodgson one bit of credit today. Raul Meirles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's nice to get 3 points when we play badly. Usually we drop points when we play well.

utd v pool ...3rd round of fa cup:D

Only one loss and one draw after champions league matches plus the one after young boys game but to win with so many injuries against an in form Liverpool side and making it 4 wins on the trot show how far Harry has taken us forward which is amazing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Only one loss and one draw after champions league matches plus the one after young boys game but to win with so many injuries against an in form Liverpool side and making it 4 wins on the trot show how far Harry has taken us forward which is amazing really.

you taking the piss, this the same liverpool that lost to stoke last away game and were lucky to get a draw against wigan 3 days earlier

i would be more concerned as a spurs fan that a terrible liverpool outfit played spurs off the field in the first half

Advertisement