Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher National Diploma in Music Production

Options
  • 28-11-2010 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, looking for info on the music production course in ballyfermot. I'm either going there or maynooth. Went to the open day in Maynooth so i know whats on offer there. A few questions about Ballyfermot:
    How soon into the course do you start using production software?
    Do you cover composition?
    Do you make any remixes?
    Do you get work experience or some form of placement?
    How long has the course been running?
    have any students gone on to become professional producers?
    Will I be taught the techniques to make professional sound quality house/techno music?
    Can I get back to education/grant for this course as a mature student(as the CAO isnt involved)?
    thanks,
    Ru

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

How soon into the course do you start using production software?
    Day One.

Do you cover composition?
    Yes.

Do you make any remixes?
    Yes.

Do you get work experience or some form of placement?
    No.

How long has the course been running?
    Many years. Since 1995 at least is what is rolling about my head.

Have any students gone on to become professional producers?
    I'm worried about your outlook with this question.

I'm sure the good and great graduates have gone places they deserve however you have to be fundamentally good in the first place to get to places like that so dont assume that if you do a great course you will get a great job. You will fail.

In my opinion the BCFE course is one of the if not the best in the Republic in terms of what you learn and experience while giving you a great platform to go on do further education if you wish across the UK for example or head straight into the world of work.

Will I be taught the techniques to make professional sound quality house/techno music?
    Check the course info on BCFE.ie

You are not taught how to make a certain genre of music. You are taught the skills needed to produce (record, mix, master) music no matter what the genre with two composition modules included for personal compositional skills.

The course is not limited to just producing music. Live sound, Physics of sound, Sound for Animations (tv shows and radio can come under that too) are all major parts of the course.

Can I get back to education/grant for this course as a mature student(as the CAO isnt involved)?
    I dont know but I would imagine you would find that from Student Finance websites and local VEC sites.

Advertisement