Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Set up xbox live

• 28-11-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone tell me what i need to set up xbox live.I have vodafone wireless broadband .(no landline).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Hi, can anyone tell me what i need to set up xbox live.I have vodafone wireless broadband .(no landline).
    You'll need a laptop/PC. You connect online using your laptop, then use your ethernet cable to connect computer to Xbox. Then you have to set up your computer so that it'll share the connection with the Xbox. Are you running Windows XP, Vista or 7? It's a different process for each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

if you have a laptop or your pc is close to you xbox you can bridge or share the internet connection with your xbox.

You will need: An Ethernet cable (like the one included with your Xbox), a pc/laptop connected to the internet and of course an Xbox.

ok now the enable internet sharing.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Centre and then, on the left, click Manage network connections.

2. Right-click on your wireless connection, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Sharing tab and enable the 'allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection' option. Click ok.

Now connect the Ethernet cable to your pc and to your Xbox. Give it a minute to connect and then on your Xbox go to the system tab and click network settings. Next click 'test Xbox live connection'. If everything worked as it should the test should finish ok

Let me know if your having any problems and ill try help.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Thanks for that guys,yeah i'm using a laptop and on windows xp.I'll pick up the ethernet cable and follow those instructions and see how i get on.Again thanks for yere help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is it a usb modem you have or like a wireless router?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

It's a usb modem from vodafone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement