Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new form within the Shooting thread ??

Options
  • 28-11-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

Ive see it on several other forms that I freguent but how about a feedback positive/negative forum ??

While now more than ever selling and trading is becomnig more popular through this forum how a place where (for example) I buy "X" product off "Y" person registered OR dealer/shop abd can leave feedback for others to view (but not comment on) (like leaving feedback for ebay)

On the title I put in "positive/negative for Y"

In the message box then (if the reviewer so wished to do so) a short note example.... "A+" "Very quick responce" "Great do deal with" etc.

feck it .... ill go crazy and even add a poll .... so get your fingers clickin and let the mods know what ya think.

Should there be a "Feedback:Positive/Negative" forum within the Shooting Forum ? 23 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Could see a forum like that needing it's own team of Mod's !!!

Not to mention solicitors ...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Could see a forum like that needing it's own team of Mod's !!!

Not to mention solicitors ...:eek:

I dont see how if it works on other forums it cant work here as long as everyone posts factual information.

Its disheartening to see though there have been 18 views and only 1 vote yes... I assume thats mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Ive see it on several other forms that I freguent but how about a feedback positive/negative forum ??

While now more than ever selling and trading is becomnig more popular through this forum how a place where (for example) I buy "X" product off "Y" person registered OR dealer/shop abd can leave feedback for others to view (but not comment on) (like leaving feedback for ebay)

On the title I put in "positive/negative for Y"

In the message box then (if the reviewer so wished to do so) a short note example.... "A+" "Very quick responce" "Great do deal with" etc.

feck it .... ill go crazy and even add a poll .... so get your fingers clickin and let the mods know what ya think.

Just saw it now. should be interesting, like you said If it is factual no-one has anything to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

in this forum you are mostly buying one off's from individuals so what would be the point
    if you were dealing with websites it would be different and it seems to me that any site that gives dis-satisfaction to its customers gets its own thread here any way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We pretty much do this already; there are a dozen or three threads in the forum already on various dealers, gunsmiths and so on with people's opinions on the work they've had from these people. I don't see how a sticky will help, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

As I understand the proposal I voted no, as I don't see the added value for the forum :confused: It's also open to a certain amount of abuse. There is an accommodation site online, where you write about your stay in such a B&B, hotel or whatever. On there many competing business' leave negative feedback for their neighbours. Too many sub forums also aren't a good idea IMHO.

johngalway wrote: »
    Too many sub forums also aren't a good idea IMHO.
    If there is going to be a subforum make it a dogs and dog training one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

In my opinion there's not enough sold here to need this sort of feedback. If you need feedback about a person that's selling something then just post a "Anyone have dealings with this guy before" and that will gave your answer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Personally i cannot see the need for this type of thread/sticky.

In keeping with clivej's suggestion another option would be to do a search on the user selling the items, see if they have sold anything else then PM the user that bought from them. It usually the last to reply or there will be a post/thread from the buyer thanking the seller for the item or a post/thread from the seller stating "user X bought this, now sold".

Also its a person selling to another person. I don't think any user here has enough sales to warrant a "feedback" rating. Any user that has a high volume of sales would be classiied as a dealer (under boards.ie rules) and would need a commercial user acount, and these are already flagged and rated on other threads.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

BUT what is required is Tips section and photos in thier own section within the hunting forum and not just as a thread. They are getting unweldy (spelling????) and are NOT easy to run through.

Mods it mush be easy to do that.

• Advertisement

You mean a sub-sub-forum for just tips and photos clive?
    Feck's sake, we'll wind up looking like the Firearms Act at that rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Ive been on many other forums one forum had a Seller apraisal thread. Worked well but needs to be highly moderated, and after about 5 pages no body is going to read through all posts to see did anyone say something about a member you are on about buying stuff off.

On another site under your username there was a thumbs up/thank you counter. The higher you were the more your respected, same as ebay seller points.

There's +'s and -'s for what ever option you take. I personally think its of benefit as it lets you know who your dealing with and wont be out of pocket.

Sparks wrote: »
    You mean a sub-sub-forum for just tips and photos clive?
    Feck's sake, we'll wind up looking like the Firearms Act at that rate!

Yes nout wrong with that theres lot of forums that have it. In fact the "Shooting" forum has 3 sub forums Hunting, Sales, and Target. So I can't see the problem with say putting the "Tips" or "Photo's" threads as their own sub-forum in there respective forums.
    It's nuts trying to find Photo's, hunting forum, as is with 45 pages and 1769 of posts, at the last count.

clivej wrote: »
    It's nuts trying to find Photo's, hunting forum, as is with 45 pages and 1769 of posts, at the last count.
    Er, clive, the hunting photos thread is a sticky, it's right there at the top of the very first page and doesn't really move from there (every so often something bumps it from the first spot, but that's rare and it never drops below the first three or four lines anyway). And the same's true of the Tips thread and the Game Recipes thread as well.

Er, clive, the hunting photos thread is a sticky, it's right there at the top of the very first page and doesn't really move from there (every so often something bumps it from the first spot, but that's rare and it never drops below the first three or four lines anyway). And the same's true of the Tips thread and the Game Recipes thread as well.

ER yes I know that.

But if each had their own section then you would only see the Heading for the thread not every tip or photo as you do now, as you well know.
    It makes for BETTER viewing (as you well know :rolleyes:)

Anyway this is like preaching to the deaf - ye mods will never hear of change, even if it's for a better user experence.

clivej wrote: »
    Anyway this is like preaching to the deaf - ye mods will never hear of change, even if it's for a better user experence.
    Oh come off it Clive, you know that's not true. I just think you're wrong here, that's all :p
    Do any of the other forums on boards who have photo sections (other than the photography forum 'cos that one's just plain wierd to start with) do things the way you're suggesting? (So we can get a look at what it'd be like?)

Oh come off it Clive, you know that's not true. I just think you're wrong here, that's all :p
    Do any of the other forums on boards who have photo sections (other than the photography forum 'cos that one's just plain wierd to start with) do things the way you're suggesting? (So we can get a look at what it'd be like?)

What you have now said is is that These fourms are set in stone and can't be changed poppy cock.

nuff said - going out now.

Don't be daft Clive, I've never said that. But it is a change we'd have to have a case for when we ask the admins to do it. I mean, if we make the change and it's worse than it is now, that's a lot of work wasted in both making the change and undoing the change and it won't be you doing it, it'll be me and the other mods and the admins; so for feck's sake lad, at least make your case! Show us that it's a better way to do things, let us see it if there's another example, or tell us what we'll be able to do better your way than we can do at the moment. If you're right, we'll change it - that's how this place works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

I'd say that would only work for retailers and suppliers - most of the lads selling and buying on here only do one or two trades (if ever), so a rating system for individual posters wouldn't be of much use or help as it could only ever contain feedback from one or two purchasers.

Some sort of feedback on dealers, shops, retail sites, etc might be a far more useful thing to have - but TBH we pretty much have that already: no-one around these here parts is too backward about coming forward when it comes down to rating particular shops, dealers, or suppliers.

So if a rating system was to be introduced, this would be the best place for it IMO: http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Gun_Dealers

And maybe this wiki could be expanded to include retailers and suppliers too - This information, perhaps with a rating's / feedback system, could be useful.

(Although, that all said, rating systems can be readily manipulated by both the firms in question and their competitors - Ask anyone who works in the Hotel industry!;))

Advertisement