Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IL2 which version and best mods.

Options
  • 28-11-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I never really warmed to IL2 I have to admit. Had it from the first edition. But just never really got into the single player game. The AI just ruined it for me. Sniper AI etc. Net connection was never good enough to play the MP game.

Currently, I have the IL2 complete edition (before 1946), can it be patched to the latest addition or would it be easier just to buy the latest version.

Whats the best mods to get that would improve it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

BostonB wrote: »
    I never really warmed to IL2 I have to admit. Had it from the first edition. But just never really got into the single player game. The AI just ruined it for me. Sniper AI etc. Net connection was never good enough to play the MP game.

Currently, I have the IL2 complete edition (before 1946), can it be patched to the latest addition or would it be easier just to buy the latest version.

Whats the best mods to get that would improve it.

Not many people play the non-1946 IL2 now, you'd be better to get it. You'll need patch 4.09m too. Not sure about the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think 1946 is for sale in GAME for only a fiver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Worth picking it up so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

IL2 1946 in THE only version to have especially if you want to play online which you will (eventually).Great Mods available too UP2.01 is the one to have once youve patched to 4.09m.Probably best to leave the mods for a while until you get the feel for the game .Very scalable regarding difficulty settings .Prob best to start real easy and work your way up...Logitech Extreme 3dPro best joystick at almost ANY budget!

Have the Logitech Extreme 3dPro for, nice stick alright. Always seem to have deadzone problems in IL2. But not in other sims for some reason. Tbh I haven't played it in a couple of years. I'm thing of dusting it over for xmas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just a heads up folks Patch 4.10 is now out :D

I've not managed to pick up a copy in the shops yet. Tyring to avoid buying it on Steam. I tried installing my old version "Complete Edition" I think, on Window 7 but got some errors. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Turn off UAC User Account Control in Windows 7 Control Panel and open up game dvd folders(right click on IL2 dvd icon in My Computer and click Open) and click on (I think its called ) aa.exe .IL2 1946 will not autostart in Win 7.

Advertisement