Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Application

Options
  • 28-11-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I posted this else where but didnt really get a response I am applying for a Tech Graduate Scheme with Deloitte and I was wondering how should I answer this question.

Tell us about a business story that has made an impression on you and why.

Should I answer it with new technology or something like how companies are moving to Cloud Computing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I suppose the answer is in the question - a business story that has made an impression on you - This is one of those questions you need to answer from a personal point of view. How has cloud computing made an impression on you? Does it have to be technology based? I think a far bigger story is social networking from a business sense. Check youtube for some information on this. Best of luck with the application...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If they wanted a technical answer they would have specified it in the question. I made this mistake once, I answered technically with the HR guy when really he wanted to know something more personal. I think they just want to see from this question, what kind of things you notice within a business and what you appreciate. Its a very clever question.

You can talk about how management gave everyone bonuses/night out for some extremely hard project, or how management changed a lot of things and they communicated everything down through each channel to everyone and you appreciated being kept in the loop. Or even something negative like, lack of communication or privacy issues or anything.

Its a very broad question which can be a good or a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Yes, the point is about business. E.g. it can be about technology, but not in and of itself. So, if you talk about the Amazon Kindle talk about the business results (e.g. they don't publish sales figures for example) If you're talking about Cloud Computing talk about the business results that will happen. (Though I assume it should be something that's happened, not that will happen)

Advertisement