Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools open ? or closed .

• 28-11-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

After snowing streets of dublin are freezed , are schools are going to be open tommorow you recon ? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Most schools in Wicklow are closed anyway, as a sixth year im torn between being delighted and extremely worried about my education :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Areq wrote: »
    After snowing streets of dublin are freezed , are schools are going to be open tommorow you recon ? ;)

Having read this I certainly hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It might depend on the school. Some schools with roads prone to freezing (ie they are on backroads) could well be closed. My brothers school is like this, so he had a day off and I didn't last year:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I really hope not! I know it's going to be tricky getting to school and hopefully the teachers will be there. I can already tell that one or two teachers who commute won't be in.
    I think I'll be pulling out the hiking boots if needed :(
    Areq wrote: »
    After snowing streets of dublin are frozen , are schools are going to be open tommorow you reckon ? wink.gif

Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,702 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

mine's closed, but i know mount temple and holy faith clontarf are off :(

• Advertisement

Crap! I just realise that I need to leave the house before the school opens to be on time for first class. I can't call to check before I leave in the morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

My sisters school in Finglas is closed

I haven't heard from my school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ugh why couldn't it snow here :( Have fun on yere day off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Beneavin in finglas aint off yet, but marys in glasnevin which is just down the road is off so theres hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Why do i live in cork?! :(

From what ive been reading cork is supposed to be getting it pretty bad i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Anyone know if any schools in north city dublin are closed? Raheny/Donaghmede area

Anyone know if any schools in north city dublin are closed? Raheny/Donaghmede area

My cousin is in manor house and shes off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

how about Ringsend ~~~ Dublin , anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Haven't heard anything about closures around my area just yet. I'm torn between hoping for closures (Exam tomorrow) and hoping it stays open (Leaving cert e.t.c.)

Haven't heard anything about closures around my area just yet. I'm torn between hoping for closures (Exam tomorrow) and hoping it stays open (Leaving cert e.t.c.)

Same as myself, have christmas exams (early or what?) and irish is the first test, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

I repeat but still i hope its closed :D
    Gran derby tommorow ;d GO BARCA :D but if its open i won't get back home on time ... :eek:

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Same as myself, have christmas exams (early or what?) and irish is the first test, :(
    Sucks for you! :D

I finished mine last Thursday. Tomorrow i'm having my French listening exam (In a freezing cold prefab no less).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Any news on Galway schools? (unintended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I asked my principal in Tesco's! He said it's quite a big deal to shut and basically we would be open but would close early if seen unsafe and he was looking into perhaps opening at small break Tues on if it was still frozen in the early morning. Days are supposed to be made up if not closed by DES. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

The Institute be closed tomorrow yo, and already my English be droppin' to the level of a street level Baltimore crack slinger you feel me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 smashe

Did institute close early today and is it defo closed tomoro:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

I can slowly see my Christmas Exam's hopes fading away with the last of the warm weather ,as i haven't seen a book in 4 days & at the earliest with the snow,I have no school until 12.30 on wednesday.

So much for the governments big confident speech about how we're ready for the winter ahead,first sight of cold weather ,shops,schools & events all closed down and cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Keano! wrote: »

Three inches! You want school off for three inches! Have a foot of snow and still there's talk of school being open tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Akiviri

Anyone have any idea about Neasain's in Baldoyle area? The principal <modsnip> hates to close. But I'm hoping.

Less of the language, please! - R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Three inches! You want school off for three inches! Have a foot of snow and still there's talk of school being open tomorrow!
    To some people 3 inches is a lot ... the rest of us really shouldn't rub it in! >_>

The Institute be closed tomorrow yo, and already my English be droppin' to the level of a street level Baltimore crack slinger you feel me?

The school isn't closed. They didn't announce it today nor did they text the students.
    smashe wrote: »
    Did institute close early today and is it defo closed tomoro:eek:
    No they didn't. Religion classes were cancelled, I presume because the teacher couldn't make it it.

No school tomorrow for me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Our school is closed today..! :D:D We have an inch (yup just the one) but we've closed for ''severe weather conditions''... God I do love Ireland..! :P We're promised loads more snow on Wednesday night too..! :D

..Christmas tests this week.. ;)

Advertisement