Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools open ? or closed .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

My school is closed, kinda disappointed.
    There's nothing else to be doing on a snowy day except stay inside writing my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

My school is open but roads are too bad. God I love living far away from from the school :D Snow Day instead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My school is open but nobody else comes in and the roads are a nightmare. So snow day for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Wish i was in today. Only have English paper 2 left. Some people still have to do Irish 2, Geog, Bio etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

We were all sent home at 11 today, 3 inches of snow :D
    I'm glad though that I had to go in in the morning, my friends and I had a huge snow fight after school and had I stayed home today, I'd still be in bed on the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Looking at the facebook statuses of the 24 out of 110 people who went in today and apparently we were the worst year for coming in. I have really small classes (just the way my subjects worked) so my in my French there was one girl in with the teacher XD Religion they rearranged the posters because there were so few of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

We got like an inch of snow today which is now gone ha ha! Snowed for an hour that was it. Very close to missing school though because I live up windy, country roads and they were very slippy. The roads are wet now so hopefully they'll be bad tomorrow ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Off again tommorow haven't been in this week yet.

Forget what all my books look like ,didn't open one since Thursday last week,Chrismas tests start 20th December kinda screwed now to be honest,but hey who cares it's snowing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

The novelty of a snow day is seriously starting to wear off.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Snow update,now off until Monday at the earliest will be updated Sunday evening by school though , this was basically like a 2nd mid term break in 3 weeks apart!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Let out "early" today :rolleyes: 3:15 is not early. Don't know about tomorrow yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

We've had no school this week, and just got a text to say we're not going back until Friday.

To be honest, I'd much rather get the rest of the Christmas exams over with. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Some schools in my area are off until next Monday. My school looks to be opening for the remainder of this week :(

I went in today. Nearly all the students were in but at 9AM this morning only about 10 of our 120 teachers had arrived in to work. By 9:40AM about 70 of them had arrived in to school with the others unable to drive to work. So we pretty much got nothing done today.

I'm hoping that i'll have at least tomorrow off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I think every school in finglas is off except for myne. Canices boys school and St. Kevins secondary are off any my school is in between the both of them and myne is still open :mad::confused:
    Dodgy stuff walking to school, the footpaths are slippy as ****, and the bus services are really limited so i dont know how lots of peopleare going to get to school if the buses arent operating in the morning. Even all the teachers are saying we should be off because of the icy roads etc but the principal insists on opening.

Advertisement