Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a bad soccer team

Options
  • 28-11-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I've been looking to join a football team for a while. I'm unfit, unskilled and uncommited, but I'd like to kick a ball around a couple of times a week. I'm not affiliated with any college or workplace, so I'm struggling from that point of view. I also have difficulty getting friends together in Dublin to play even five a side astroturf. I'm looking for a team to join of people at a similar level. Basically a team where they're desperate for players and anyone can get a game.

Even if it were a regular five a side league/tournament affiliated with boards and then a few pints afterwards, that would be excellent. Probably better than the former. Does anything like this ever happen, or could it ever happen in the future?

I'm hardly alone in being **** at soccer, but really wanting to play it am I?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dont think the boards team is for him, the boards team seem pretty decent but the OP says he isnt good and is not commited etc

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

True, but the 'looking for a game' thread is as close as I'll come to getting a meaningful direction in which to kick a ball.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

adamski8 wrote: »
    dont think the boards team is for him, the boards team seem pretty decent but the OP says he isnt good and is not commited etc

You obviously don't know their manager!:D

*Awaits banning from Des*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Used to be one organised through here in Dublin 8. Used to be good craic but my work hours changed and I had to give it up. Would be great to get involved in something again though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement