Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three's prepay free ten euro offer

Options
  • 28-11-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been covered already, I had a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Anybody here on prepay with Three mobile? I got a text recently offering me a free ten euro every time I top up by twenty for life and all I have to do is send them a text to opt in.

Going by the assumption that if it's too good to be true it usually isn't, what's the catch here? Currently when you top up by 20 euro as I usually do monthly you get free texts to all networks, free calls to all networks over the weekend and 500mbs of free internet with things like Skype being unlimited free on top of that, by opting in am I also opting out of receiving any or all of these for my monthly top up? Or is this simply Three handing out free money with nothing in return? There has to be a downside to opting in, but I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated, as their website seems to make it seem like the free ten euro is coming with no sacrifices which would be fantastic if true but I'm understandably a little skeptical. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

no catch, same deal as you have only you'll be getting 10 credit every month you top up by 20. No drawback in opting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How do you opt in. My young one has three pay bt wouldn't know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Text LIFE10 to 50333

Might take a few hours for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Is this offer (free texts, free €10 credit, free internet and free weekend any network calls when topping up by €20 in one go) available if you are porting to Three and keeping your own number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

Is this offer (free texts, free €10 credit, free internet and free weekend any network calls when topping up by €20 in one go) available if you are porting to Three and keeping your own number?

yes if you port b4 end of december. but the internet is not free, some people were caught out by this. its 99c per mb r for €5 you can get a 250mb bundle, mite b 500mb but nearly sure its 250mb. three hav their own forum in boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Thanks for the help, guess I should have had more faith!

And the internet is 5 euro from your credit for 500mb, used to be 250 but is now 500. So 20 euro will leave you with 25 euro credit and all of those things free now I guess, some offer to be fair

Advertisement