Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone ever tell Blonaid what a god damn fool she's making of herself.

Options
  • 28-11-2010 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I hate everything about her. Everything she's ever in.

You're not supposed to go into a big complicated story about how they weren't going through, maybe a short "pretend they weren't getting through" isn't too bad, but this idea of telling them their voices weren't up to standard and all that crap, and THEN saying "but you're through lololololol", what a fool.

And I thought: isn't it amazing how the All-Ireland talent show has all the biggest failures in Irish television on it: Blonaid, Seoige, idiot Creedon, clown Daithi, ridiculous Dana...

All they need is to get rid of that blonde one and replace her with Craig Doyle to have a full house of the worst people that have ever been on Irish tv.

And how all of these total losers, television failures, who don't have the charisma of a household plant, and who shouldn't even be allowed in PUBLIC never mind on television are on my tv paid for by the public's money?

What a disgrace. But Blonad is the worst, god I HATE her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 H1ppy

All too true Supe, thanks for echoing my sentiments before the fact.

Gotta say though, the entire production team, by which I mean those responsible for brain-farting this rubbish and those who green-lighted it and those who decided on the editing of the final cut and the direction of the ongoings are a bunch of fookin clown-shoes.

I really can't believe how abysmally awful this show is turning out to be, from the arse-backwards decisions to let some of the alright talents go in favour of the granny-pleasing cabarret acts to the condescension dripping from every remark these yahoos make in what they percieve to be some kind of magnanimous bestowal of sage advice. Get a clue you freaks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

She reminds me of what I dislike about Irish women: fat, ugly, loud-mouthed, wears too much make up, and full of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Not a huge fan of Blá either, but I have to say the whole talking heads thing... "We're gonna win it for the west" etc etc..... is sooo cringeworthy, and simply just a waste of show time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭Morgans

Simply the worst article ever penned.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/blathnaid-rebel-with-a-cause-2098809.html

I think Blathnaid is the thing I hate most about Ireland, except maybe Grainne Seoige's ever so Gaelgoir's correct pronounciation of Blahnidge.

Desperate program simply their to impress some 50 year olds somewhere that Ireland can produce its own X-factor. Even the ever so false animosity between the judges. I feel sorry for the people with genuine talent being judged by people with so little.

Kerry/Kilkenny/Dublin/Galway didnt do well in the Hurling/Football this year so I'm hoping I can do this for the south/east/west/north.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its such a bad show. Does anyone else notice that nearly every contestant has some sort of sob story that gets discussed before they perform?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stop ****ing watching it!

Thanks. I didn't realise that I had a choice. Lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol at the rage when you don't even have to watch it. Seriously, why would you watch that tripe at all, let alone when you dislike it...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

mike65 wrote: »
    Stop ****ing watching it!
    How true. It's like the idiots on here that watch the late late show every week and comment about how bad it is. Same posters every week it has become a ritual for them. They must have very boring sad lives :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Technique

That guy Healy-Rae as well from last year. :mad:

What a horrible show.

• Advertisement

Eh, maybe we like to keep informed about what the muppets in RTE are throwing our money away on, maybe we like to have an opinion and air it, maybe you suck.

Well, cos its you Dudess, I'll explain my sunday nights usually consist of NFL on Sky, apart from a half an hour where I earn my brownie points by enduring Fair City. However, tonight fair city was late and was treated to fifteen minutes of Blatnaid.

I hope this circumstance satisfies those clever clogs who figured out that they can switch over channels and arent stupid enough to get stuck on RTE1 for whatever amount of time, and to have an opinion as a result.

I thank the clever people who do point out that there is more than one channel on tv when there are any complaints about a tv program on here. Its great to derive benefit from their superior intellect.

H1ppy wrote: »
    Eh, maybe we like to keep informed about what the muppets in RTE are throwing our money away on, maybe we like to have an opinion and air it, maybe you suck.
    Are you American?

Are you American?

What a weird, weird question. Are you prejudiced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

suck = american for "you're cat" (whatever happened to that phrase?)

What a weird, weird question. Are you prejudiced?
    You answer a question with a question. You must be part American part Cork :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Yeah, I hardly ever watch it (inb4 "omg how can u have an opinion when you don't watch it"), but as a person who pays for a tv licence, surely I can turn on one of the channels some time and expect to see a bit of quality, not self-righteous, self-absorbed therapy and playtime for the presenters who are really in a world of their own.

It doesn't take more than a few minutes viewing before you see everything that goes on in the show (on the RTE/production side). Today it happened to be on in the background when I was using my laptop, and I thought I'd leave it on just to see the contestants and if people in it had talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I ended up watching a fair amount of that show tonight and there was yards of guff and crap and I didn't hear one act perform. What kind of talent show is it where the only acts are the judges? And only one judge. I won't make that mistake again.

mike65 wrote: »
    suck = american for "you're cat" (whatever happened to that phrase?)

suck = a sign that i'm under 40, not american, friend.
    You answer a question with a question. You must be part American part Cork :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Lame.

Yeah, go back to America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I'd rather be part american part cork than be from cavan. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nolanger wrote: »
    She reminds me of what I dislike about Irish women: fat, ugly, loud-mouthed, wears too much make up, and full of herself.
    Not exclusive to Ireland. Not applicable to all Irish women. Seriously, is that approach a contagious disease on Boards.ie? I can't stand Hector, Daithí etc but don't feel compelled to view them as representative of Irish men...
    maybe you suck.
    Telling someone they suck because they disagree with you - are you 13?
    Morgans wrote: »
    Well, cos its you Dudess, I'll explain my sunday nights usually consist of NFL on Sky, apart from a half an hour where I earn my brownie points by enduring Fair City. However, tonight fair city was late and was treated to fifteen minutes of Blatnaid.

I hope this circumstance satisfies those clever clogs who figured out that they can switch over channels and arent stupid enough to get stuck on RTE1 for whatever amount of time, and to have an opinion as a result.

I thank the clever people who do point out that there is more than one channel on tv when there are any complaints about a tv program on here. Its great to derive benefit from their superior intellect.
    It's not trying to be clever etc - a bit of a whinge about that utterly hideous programme is understandable, but just the sheer detail and anger of the opening post... screamed out for such a response.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Lame.
    So if you are under 40 you use American slang words :confused: As you say in your own words thats lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

So you're a sex symbol for junkies? "They thought I was a bit kooky at times."

Quote from the above article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

So if you are under 40 you use American slang words :confused: As you say in your own words thats lame.

Living up to your name eh? People use the words suck, lame, awesome, etc. If you don't like it you know what you can do ;)

What is wrong with being American anyway?

Ontopic.. yeah this show sucks!

Just for the record, I'm lovin the flame-wars and not personally offended by any of this, just nominally offended as an excuse to reposte.
    Agonist wrote: »
    Yeah, go back to America.

Aw, why you gotta saya laka dat?
    Dudess wrote: »

Telling someone they suck because they disagree with you - are you 13?

It's not trying to be clever etc - a bit of a whinge about that utterly hideous programme is understandable, but just the sheer detail and anger of the opening post... screamed out for such a response.

No, love, not 13. I said not that they sucked because they disagreed with me, as you maintain. If you take the time to read the posts above mine you'll see in fact nobody had expressed any liking for the show at all, and so had not expressed the opposite view point to my own, and therefore had not actually disagreed. An enquiry had been made, however, as to the reason for posting an opinion about the show in the first place, which I endeavored to answer, and a comparison had been made to some or other group of idiots, or stupid persons, which I felt could do with a subtle rejoinder, hence the suggestion, but not the concrete assertion, of suckiness. Hope that clears that up for ya.

Mm-hmm. No, again, let me explain for the slower of thinking. Maintaining that one is less likely to be over 40 if they use American slang is not equivalent to maintaining that if one is under 40 they therefore neccessarily make use of American slang. You need to work on your logical reasoning.

I'd also posit that a lot of so called American slang has over the past couple of decades been much more widely adopted in the English speaking world, or at least that part of it to which I am regularly exposed, than it had been previously, and could arguably be considered youth slang now, or just slang perhaps, as opposed to American slang.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I stopped after this bit:
    By Barry Egan

I've watched the show a couple of times and just thought it was terribly twee. However, we seem to like to take foreign shows and make our own twee versions of the, i.e. America/Britain's Got Talent becomes the All Ireland Talent Show, Strictly Come Dancing becomes Celebrity Jigs and Reels.

One of the top dogs from TV3 was on Newstalk a while ago and had to defend some of the shows like X-factor and Take Me Out. His response for Take Me Out was "it's a successful show in the UK so why would we put an Irish spin on it when we can take the format and use Irish contestants"
    He had the same argument for an Irish version of X-factor, i.e. use the exact same format and use Irish people in it instead of producing something like the All Ireland show.
    I can see where he's coming from and I'd agree with him. However, there is a large market for shows like The All Ireland Talent Show, judging by the ratings.
    Loads of Irish people seem to love that sort of show, particularly when it plays on the whole parochial rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Heroditas wrote: »
    I stopped after this bit:

I've watched the show a couple of times and just thought it was terribly twee. However, we seem to like to take foreign shows and make our own twee versions of the, i.e. America/Britain's Got Talent becomes the All Ireland Talent Show, Strictly Come Dancing becomes Celebrity Jigs and Reels.

One of the top dogs from TV3 was on Newstalk a while ago and had to defend some of the shows like X-factor and Take Me Out. His response for Take Me Out was "it's a successful show in the UK so why would we put an Irish spin on it when we can take the format and use Irish contestants"
    He had the same argument for an Irish version of X-factor, i.e. use the exact same format and use Irish people in it instead of producing something like the All Ireland show.
    I can see where he's coming from and I'd agree with him. However, there is a large market for shows like The All Ireland Talent Show, judging by the ratings.
    Loads of Irish people seem to love that sort of show, particularly when it plays on the whole parochial rivalry.

Don't forget RTE's new yoof strand. Instead of T4, we're getting TRTE.

Genius.

If you don't like it you know what you can do ;) No, please tell me.

What is wrong with being American anyway? Nothing

Ontopic.. yeah this show sucks! Another want to be American :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mm-hmm. No, again, let me explain for the slower of thinking. Maintaining that one is less likely to be over 40 if they use American slang is not equivalent to maintaining that if one is under 40 they therefore neccessarily make use of American slang. You need to work on your logical reasoning.!
    Stop contradicting yourself ;)

Advertisement