Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Offaly people embarassed by Biffo?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

You mention most of the damage was done while cowen was finance minister, and that he was asleep at the wheel. Where was FG or Labour ect when the budgets were announced? When the social welfare was raised to the 2nd highest in Europe? They were right there saying the government DIDNT give enough. There wasn't enough schools/hospitals/teachers/nurses. There was riots in dec 08 when the government tried to take back the over 70s medical card scheme.

They too were asleep at the wheel as it never occured to them either to maybe call them out on being TOO generous during cowens reign as finance minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

You mention most of the damage was done while cowen was finance minister, and that he was asleep at the wheel. Where was FG or Labour ect when the budgets were announced? When the social welfare was raised to the 2nd highest in Europe? They were right there saying the government DIDNT give enough. There wasn't enough schools/hospitals/teachers/nurses. There was riots in dec 08 when the government tried to take back the over 70s medical card scheme.

They too were asleep at the wheel as it never occured to them either to maybe call them out on being TOO generous during cowens reign as finance minister.

Point taken, but only Biffo and the government could actually do something about budgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 youconnect

I am proud to support Fianna Fail and Brian Cowen and will be supporting Barry too. They have been good to this county. Brian done a lot of good work ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

youconnect wrote: »
    I am proud to support Fianna Fail and Brian Cowen and will be supporting Barry too. They have been good to this county. Brian done a lot of good work ........

Brian done did a lot of good work

Examples, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Offaly people have not evolved enough to feel the emotion of embarassment. Also, in a county where not inbreeding is frowned upon, I doubt the shenanigans of Brian Cowen even register on their moral compass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Liamario wrote: »
    Offaly people have not evolved enough to feel the emotion of embarassment. Also, in a county where not inbreeding is frowned upon, I doubt the shenanigans of Brian Cowen even register on their moral compass.

where are you from liamario? I notice you dont say it on your profile above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Liamario wrote: »
    Permaban. Don't even bother PM'ing me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

Advertisement