Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor bill pay online offer question(s)

Options
  • 28-11-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I'm currenty a meteor Pay as you go customer and I'm looking to swtich to bill pay as it would suit me much better.

First of all, I want to use the Bill pay smart option, the €30 per month one. However, they provide an online offer of €25 per month which is great. The only thing is when I go to purchase it online it only lets me get a new number or move my number to meteor, pay as you go customers must 'go instore'. Is this their way of excluding a lot of people from availing of this offer?

Another thing is their online offer of free meteor calls and texts for 12 months when you move your number to meteor.

I'm thinking of switching to another network for a day or 2, then switching back to meteor thus allowing me to avail of both offers. Has anyone tried this before?

btw I'm aware of there being a forum on the meteor network where I could ask this, but it's taking forever for them to register me on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I was told to port to another network by a sales rep in a meteor store. When I tried to change to bill pay online (I'm also a PAYG customer) it said to ring customer care so I did that and the guy told me they should be able to offer the same deal in store. Which of course they don't:rolleyes:

So I think changing network only takes a couple of hours to go through with a free sim card from O2 or whoever and then you can do the rest online to get the best deal.

What phone are you looking to get by the way? If its the N8 carphone wareheouse quoted me 80 euro on the 30 euros a month deal (including free calls and texts to meteor) which works out about the same over the first 12 months, and you have to pay 30 a month for the last 12 months if you buy off meteor anyway. Plus you don't have to mess around with changing your network.

The whole way they penalise existing customers is ridiculous though:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Cheers for the reply. Yeah I'm going to switch to O2 payg then get the online offers with meteor. I rang them today and they said the free meteor calls and texts offer is on until Dec 31st, it was originally going to end today.

I'm set on getting the HTC desire, just the original one, I've no need for the HD version, it's bulkier and when I think 'HD' I think serious battery drainage.

Might be worth checking the price difference between the meteor website and carphone warehouse, if you were looking at the desire z (the one with the keyboard) it could be substantial. If it's close to 60 quid (12 x 5 euros a month) then its as cheap to pay less for the phone and pay the extra 5 quid a month. And you don't have to change network.

Mightn't be much of a difference for the original desire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Good thinking, as good as the online deals are on the meteor site it's no harm to knock into carphone warehouse and see what they have to offer.

If it's too expensive I'll say 'sure while I'm here you can port me to O2 payg' :)

Haha, exactly. I've been recently looking at doing the exact same thing so as soon as I get the chance (and the N8 becomes available again on meteor's website) I'll be back into carphone to either buy the N8 off them or get them to port me to O2 for a couple of hours:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement