Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plane on fire over galway this evening

Options
  • 28-11-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

i looked into the sky this evening around 5.40 and saw what appeared to be a plane with a engine on fire :eek: the fire lasted only a few seconds and then the plane seemed to continue on its same path. anyone else see anything like this, this evening??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Fire lantern dude.saw one last week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 martin regan

I saw the other thread about the fire lanterns but dont think that was it. it was movin about the same speed a airplane would be flying and it had the same lights you would see on a airplane. You could could still see the bright lights after the fire went out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

It wasn't a plane, I saw it too, it looks like it was a meteorite!:)

There's a thread about it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056103858

Lots of people around the country saw it too, pretty cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 martin regan

thanks so much for that i only looked in the galway forum didnt realise there wer sightin all over the counrty. least i dont sound so crazy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

I saw loads of people on Facebook saying they saw meteorites....gutted I didn't see any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I saw it! (And I never see these things)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Could have been ice in the engine..not necessarily a "fire"...ice build up causing a bit of throwback or something....would be interesting to find out what it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

It was a meteorite. Blazing trail and all. Probably landed in the atlantic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

it was a meteorite i just heard it on the news i see it to pretty cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Definitely a meteorite, I saw it as well. Don't see them that often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I was driving on the loughrea link road to the motorway this morning, a meteorite flashed across the sky right in front of me, travelling very fast northwards into the countryside.

Jasus it was unreal.

Advertisement