Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TuffNut Promotions: Nemesis RECHARGED

• 28-11-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Due to the Unfortunate weather mishap on the 27th Nov TuffNut Promotions: Nemesis is Now RECHARGED on the 12th Dec one of Irelands premier cage fighting promotions will be hitting Kilkenny with all your favorite professional and amateur fighters including.........VINNY DI RUSCIO, IAN ONEILL, MICK BRENNAN and TONY CORCORAN . If you already have tickets from the 27th they will be valid for this event(Note:All tickets from the 27th must give their name and origin of ticket or will not be allowed in the event) for info on buying new tickets drop into kilkenny top pro , fighters or of course TICKETMASTER.IE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

TuffNut Promotions: Hey Fight Fans! heres some info on tickets for the 12th Dec......

New Ticket Prices are..

-Adult:20
    -Cageside:25
    -Balconey-30

Nov 27th Cancelation Ticket

-If you already have a ticket oviously you are intitled your money back due to the cancelation.
    -If not you ticket is STILL VALID FOR THE 12TH DEC.
    -If you have adult from the 27th (28.50) it will be a valid ticket for a balconey seat
    -If you have a cageside you will be refund your 10 euros for a balconey seat
    -If you arrive with a 27th ticket you will HAVE to give the origin of the ticket with your name and info

Ways to Collect Ticket!

-TICKETMASTER.IE
    -Top Pro Kilkenny
    -Myles Price 0872997622

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Magic M wrote: »
    TuffNut Promotions: Hey Fight Fans! heres some info on tickets for the 12th Dec......

New Ticket Prices are..

-Adult:20
    -Cageside:25
    -Balconey-30

Nov 27th Cancelation Ticket

-If you already have a ticket oviously you are intitled your money back due to the cancelation.
    -If not you ticket is STILL VALID FOR THE 12TH DEC.
    -If you have adult from the 27th (28.50) it will be a valid ticket for a balconey seat
    -If you have a cageside you will be refund your 10 euros for a balconey seat
    -If you arrive with a 27th ticket you will HAVE to give the origin of the ticket with your name and info

Ways to Collect Ticket!

-TICKETMASTER.IE
    -Top Pro Kilkenny
    -Myles Price 0872997622

Hmmmm if you have a cageside already then people are still gonna want a cageside im guessnig, did you mean to type cageside in there instead of balcony or what are people gonna do who have already purchased cageside from 27th and still want to sit cageside?

If you already have a cage side from the 27th you'll get the baloney because its a better spectators seat then a cage side in other words you def wont be disappointed with the seat you've paid for :)

Myles Price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

is kieran davern vs. vinny di ruscio main event??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

AFAIK vinny hasn't moved to full pro so I would doubt it, could be wrong though.

• Advertisement

NEMESIS RECHARGED

Professional

Red Corner Blue Corner

Main Event

Ian “Massive” O’Neill (KTP) V Eugene Mc Cauley (Immortals) 61kg Bantamweight

Co Main Event

1: Mihai Foscow (KTP) V Brendan O’Shea (Middleton Fight Academy) 65kg Catchweight

2: Justin Doyle (Na Fianna) V Kieran O’Donnell (Tuatha De Denann) 73kg Catchweight

New C Class

Vinny Di Ruscio (DLK) V Kieran Davern (Tuatha De Danann) 77kg Catchweight

Connor Duffy (DLK) V Glen O’Connor (Tuatha de Denann) 77kg Welterweight

Colin “The Alpha Male” Ryan (Strefa Walki) V John Mc Allister (Tuatha De Danann) 93 Plus Heavyweight

Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA) V Robbie Walsh (Spirit MMA) 73kg Catchweight

Semi Professional

Mick “Basher” Brennan (KTP) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 68kg Catchweight

Kyle Comerford (Waterford MMA) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Danann)

65.8kg Featherweight

Tony Corcoran (KTP) V Michael Let (Spirit MMA) 93kg Light Heavyweight

Ger Teehan (KTP) V Joe Roche (Spirit MMA) 65.8kg Featherweight

Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA) V Robbie Walsh (Spirit MMA) 73kg Catchweight

Micky O’Regan (Strefa Walki) V TBC 84kg Middleweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

How is Vinny allowed to be a Pro in Kickboxing but an Amateur in MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Is that Eugene mc cauley from strabane fight team?
    Have they changed their name or is it a new team?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    How is Vinny allowed to be a Pro in Kickboxing but an Amateur in MMA?
    The same way he wouldn't be a pro boxer, pro footballer, different sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

what time are the doors opening for this and what times the first fight starting at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

sonic85 wrote: »
    what time are the doors opening for this and what times the first fight starting at?

4pm to 8:30pm is the times we have, not sure if the doors open at 4pm or the first fight starts at 4pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

In fairness though he's been around MMA about 5 years now, and he had a running start with his kickboxing career.

I mean no slander, but I've been offered Vinny as an opponent for my guys at the old C class rules for about 2 years now and C class guys are novice fighters in all ranges.

Anyway, it's academic as he's fighting new C which is good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So Ray you wouldn't have a problem with a Judo Black Belt entering the White Belt division in a BJJ tournament? Different sports after all. ;)

In fairness though he's been around MMA about 5 years now, and he had a running start with his kickboxing career.

I mean no slander, but I've been offered Vinny as an opponent for my guys at the old C class rules for about 2 years now and C class guys are novice fighters in all ranges.

Anyway, it's academic as he's fighting new C which is good to see.
    Hopefully the new rules will spur him to move up to b class
    So Ray you wouldn't have a problem with a Judo Black Belt entering the White Belt division in a BJJ tournament? Different sports after all. ;)
    I didn't say i didn't have a problem with it,it was the same with JPS when they both fought in the mma league it was the first time i'd seen a fight in the mma league be stopped due to body strikes, I merely pointed out how he could fight c class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't see where he gave an opinion on it.
    Somebody asked why, he told them why

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

John yes Vinny is fighting at Amature in MMA and Pro in Kickboxing simply becasue the rules allow it , he is gaining experince in MMA which he enjoys. In Kickboxing most organisations including the IKF,ISKA,WKA etc it clearly states that a fighter who competes profesionally in any full contact sport is regarded as Pro in Kickboxing. This rule may not suit everybody as a good MMA fighter may not be as good as a Pro kickboxers who focuses soley on stand up or a a boxer who has some kicks but relies on his hands. This rule may stop some fighters from trying to crossover into different styles but it also stops amature being injured by professional athletes , and at the end of the day with out the amatures progressing the sport would suffer a death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

how good is vinny?

how good is vinny?
    kickboxing? he's eirther a pro european or world champion, could be both, can't remember!

Mma he has wins and losses on his record

In kickboxing he is good International Kickboxing Federation Professional European Champion , explosive and entertaining to watch, in MMA he has a mixed record in his few bouts with both wins and losses, he does it because he enjoys it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Any results from this lads?

• Advertisement

Only reults I know are Connor Duffy lost and the Vinny DiRuscio fight didn't go ahead the cause: seemingly due to mis-comunication between the camps through the promotor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Going from memory anyway

Ian “Massive” O’Neill (KTP) V Eugene Mc Cauley (Immortals) 61kg Bantamweight (Rd 1 TKO)

Mihai Foscow (KTP) V Brendan O’Shea (Middleton Fight Academy) 65kg Catchweight (Reverse Triangle.Rd 2 I think)

2: Justin Doyle (Na Fianna) V Kieran O’Donnell (Tuatha De Denann) 73kg Catchweight (cant remember)

Connor Duffy (DLK) V Glen O’Connor (Tuatha de Denann) 77kg Welterweight

Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA) V Robbie Walsh (Spirit MMA) 73kg Catchweight (decision)

Mick “Basher” Brennan (KTP) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 68kg Catchweight (Rd 2 Reverse Triangle)

Tony Corcoran (KTP) V Michael Let (Spirit MMA) 93kg Light Heavyweight 9Rd 3 TKO)

Ger Teehan (KTP) V Joe Roche (Spirit MMA) (I think. Decision)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Ian “Massive” O’Neill (KTP) V Eugene Mc Cauley (Immortals) 61kg Bantamweight (Rd 1 TKO)

Well done "Pudgie" :) I know you and team have worked hard so congratulations on your pro debut win;)

Also welll done to all those who took part in show!!

Urs
    x

Advertisement