Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Ztxel P-660HW-T1 V3?

• 28-11-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Just switched to Eircom and while the connection speed has shot up from the miserable one we had with Vodafone, every time I try to go on to Xbox Live(via Wi-Fi), it'll stay connected fro half an hour and then get bumped off. I sign in again, half an hour later same thing happens and so on, so forth.

A few fruitless Google searches later all I can come up with is that the new Zyxel router is to blame.
    But all this NAT setting and portforwarding carry-on goes straight over my head.

Can anyone give a simple step-by-step guide to setting it up so the Xbox won't get disconnected so often? Thank you in advance for your patience.

Any and all contributions will be greatly appreciated, thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

BUMP?
    Anyone? this is wreckin my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Go to 192.168.1.254 pass = broadband1

Go to "Network","nat", set max sessions to 4096

Go to "Network","Wireless Lan", set everything to 9999.

Doing this should keep you connect for 2 and a half hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

add me on Xbox LIVE GT: im EoinD

I'll give ya a hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

new to eircom and had this problem too. what seems to work for me is turning off the wireless on the router and connecting the xbox by ethernet cable instead. kind of a nuisance and not a satisfactory answer if you want to use it wirelessly.

Go to 192.168.1.254 pass = broadband1

Go to "Network","nat", set max sessions to 4096

Go to "Network","Wireless Lan", set everything to 9999.

Doing this should keep you connect for 2 and a half hours.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I did man, but I shouldn't have to accept a time limit.
    Is there no other way around is?
    NO other solution?!

• Advertisement

OP i will be willing to help you if you want to add me on live I will be on in tonight and evenings aswell

I had your problem and I fixed it so if you want help. Add me

GT: im EoinD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Hi,

Go onto adverts and find yourself a cheap Netopia router from someone there, or maybe you or someone you know has one knocking around, if so, switch over to that and your problems will be solved!

Just look at this thread for details on this Zycel piece of s#it router ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055829338

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is exactly what I did man, but I shouldn't have to accept a time limit.
    Is there no other way around is?
    NO other solution?!

Relax man. Go out and spend 50 euro on a router. Simples

I can sell you a dgn2000 set up for eircom broadband for 40 euro. Works perfectly for gaming.

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    OP i will be willing to help you if you want to add me on live I will be on in tonight and evenings aswell

I had your problem and I fixed it so if you want help. Add me

GT: im EoinD

Can you not just tell me on here?

Seriously, it would be 100 times easier if you would add me on xbox as your firmware mightn't be the same as mine so i couldnt give you a perfect step by step on this , and theres also some things like local IP's of your xbox on your network and stuff like that so it would be a lot easier TBF.

if for whatever reason you REALLY despise talking to people I will post it here but it would be easier if i talked you through it

• Advertisement

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    Seriously, it would be 100 times easier if you would add me on xbox as your firmware mightn't be the same as mine so i couldnt give you a perfect step by step on this , and theres also some things like local IP's of your xbox on your network and stuff like that so it would be a lot easier TBF.

if for whatever reason you REALLY despise talking to people I will post it here but it would be easier if i talked you through it

I appreciate your offer and all, its just I don't even use/own a headset anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

dude, i'd the same problem, i tries everything to no avail. I eventually stuck a netgear router in instead, my nat was open for ages, its gone to moderate now for some reason though !!!

Advertisement