Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Pedals

• 28-11-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi
    Im thinking about getting new pedals, Im using Shimano 105 SPD pedals which are a battered after a few years of use.
    I was looking at these also these
    Any recomendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Hi
    Im thinking about getting new pedals, Im using Shimano 105 SPD pedals which are a battered after a few years of use.
    Any recomendations

Pedals are a very personal choice i cant use look pedals they hurt my knees but i have been on Time RXS and love them no pain at all. The speedP are the ones that i would go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Do you like the SPD-SL system? If so, why change it?

If you don't then maybe figure out what about it you don't like or is causing you issue.

Don't change your entire system just for the sake of it, believe me, I did this and I figured out I really don't like Look pedals so I'm back with my trusty Shimanos this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭templer27

Hi
    Any recommendations
    I have used shimano 105,look keo max .Shimano's are heavy heavy heavy but brilliant,very wide platform. If you decide to buy the keo max it feels a little different.It just feels lighter but it also feels narrower it felt much narrower to me.It can sometimes queak a little,but it does not in my experience last very long.

Cleats are fragile compared to the shimano ones.I like them more than the 105's all the same.The carbon keo max are worth the extra money as well.Purchased them about a month ago lighter again stiffer higher tension settings as well,its a nice option to have.

There is a carbon dura ace pedal that has just come out,its very expensive it might suit you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The difference in a set of Shimano 105 pedals and Look Keo 2 Max (composite) pedals is about 65 grams. Pedal weight is something the manufacturers try to make a big deal out of, but to me it is more important to have a pedal that doesn't cause you discomfort and allows you to get the most power out of each stroke rather than the one that you don't like to save a few grams.

Don't pick your pedal system because you are looking to save a few grams, it's a really silly idea. Pick the pedals that work for you, if you want to buy the higher end ones for better bearings, save a few grams, whatever, then do it.

EDIT: Btw -> Keo2Max to Keo2Max carbon = 16g weight saving for (based on RRP and not any discounts you may find) 61 euro more, or a really crazy 3.81 euro per gram. Come on, let's get away from the weight saving as a justification here!

Advertisement