Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds and the weather

• 28-11-2010 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I'm sure everyone on here is doing it but just in case I thought I'd remind everyone about our feathered friends out flying around at the minute.

I put some bird seeds and oats out on the shed flat roof this morning and within seconds there was about 25 birds of all different makes and models filling themselves up. I also put down some fresh water and changed it evertime it froze over.

It doesn't cost much to get some seeds and there is a lot of scrap food we can throw out for them.

I don't know one bird from the other but I do love watching them swarm around my garden :D

Maybe some of the more knowledge people on here could advise the rest of us on the best way to help wild birds while the weather is so bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

We have a feeder hanging on the shed, it's one if those wire tube thingy. we put layers of peanuts and fatballs. They seem to like it anyway. It will need filling tomorrow evening again.

Thanks for the reminder I had forgotten to put out water.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We have them coming to our first floor bedroom windowledge to feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've moved my bird feeder out of the garden as my 7 month Westie has now started 'pointing' at birds and trying to grab them out of the air :rolleyes: Time to add frizbe to the santa list!

Advertisement