Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruse: problem with vertex shader!! ??

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

bought that game Ruse today for my dell laptop inspiron 1501. It installed ok but when i go to start it a message pops up saying

"unable to access graphic device,your hardware or direct 3D configuration is incompatible with this game.

Reason:
    The game doesnt support vertex shader < 3.0"

has anyone any idea how to get around this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Your laptop has very old and very poor integrated graphics. It won't be able to run any modern 3D game, no matter how simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

is it possible to get another graphics card for it , of so how much would they be for a laptop or is there any point for an old laptop ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nope, no point really I'm afraid. Its not really possible for laptops that don't start life with a fairly powerful graphics card already unless they're really new and shiny and powerful and you're both technically proficient and willing to spend a fair bit of time and money setting up a plug-in external bridge that connects the laptop to an external gaming-grade card you'd also have to buy (not to mention a power supply to run it! :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

: ( back to the drawing board so

cheers

Advertisement