Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Airport stopped briefly for 5 minutes and now it's cranked up again, like feathers dropping from the sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jesus Christ. When they a forecast of no snow everyone on here is saying Met Eireann is wrong. Then when they do forecast snow yis are all on here saying they are wrong. Stop mentioning them if they can never be right.

I know. It's laughable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Huge difference in temps in 24 hours. This time yesterday it was -2.4c and today its 2.4c after hitting a high of 3.1c earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I know were you live aswell :D
    Think i seen you in mellowes once or twice when cycling to/from school, actually seen a dog exactly like yours in northway estate field a few minutes ago :)

Id be only cycling in mellows when wit the dog.
    And its probably jerry, he has a malamute aswell and just lives at the end of mellows.

Ya mite see me on a sled wit shadow tough if this blizzard comes! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I heard it will snow 25cm in the next 24hours ... is that true or someone is taking the Mickey ... 25mm more like, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I think some people are will be very, very surprised in a good way overnight and tomorrow morning. :D

I sense a bit of reverse psychology and 'not wanting to jinx things situation' going on. :P

lets hope so! do you think it will spead much outside the east maq? some comments earlier were referring to a 1987 countrywide event?

I heard it will snow 25cm in the next 24hours ... is that true or someone is taking the Mickey ... 25mm more like, right?

Nope... u heard right!, the qaulity of the snow is still of debate at the moment tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

joe stodge wrote: »
    just started snowing in d17, really big flakes.
    yeah but its very wet snow,almost sleet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Back to the usual stuff from last year i think.

Heavy snow 5miles inland, rain/sleet by the coast.

It's gonna get even worse unfortunately.

24-574.GIF?29-6

It will be rain tonight for the Dublin area and pretty much all Eastern coastal counties. I think all the snow here on the ground will be gone by tomorrow morning. Fast thaw now and rainy sleet.

Inland about 40 miles or more the snow should continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

smokin ace wrote: »
    question for the ones that know the weather nu-like me hows it looking for north wexford for the white stuff

If you are away from the coast, 5-10cm or maybe a bit more possible over the next 48 hours or so based on the latest forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Ok feel a bit better, Dublin airports temp has dropped to 1c from 2c and it is moderately snowing here, about 1.5km from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Wife just told me its just sleet /rain in Portmarnock at present !

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Woohoo....we have some snow now in Crumlin!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Quite large lumps of it coming down in Santry now. Radar image is quite deceptive to the volume of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Come off the boil now in D15. Think there was maybe some flecks of rain mixed in too at the end there...but it's pretty much stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

big chunky flakes in leixlip!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

It's a sunny day in Cork City. I came up for college yesterday from Tipperary where it was like a winter wonderland. Needless to say, I am disappoint. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very very heavy snowfall here in Blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

in the immortal words of the rock, FINALLY!!! THE SNOW HAS COME BACK TO NORTH COUNTY MEATH, snowing for the past 90mins, big massive flakes and the so called main event this evening has yet to arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

5starpool wrote: »
    Possibly because not much is expected there?

East coast streamers will really effect the east coast as a whole, showers just arriving now.

Of course this is whole Dublin rules all crap. The dubs get 2 inches the other night and there was a big kerfuffle. Most of wexford has 7 inches(some places alot more), every school in the county is closed and alot of shops have had to close due to running out of stock. Unless you go to a big supermarket milk, bread and eggs are not to be got. Never mind that, someone in dublin got a few flakes on top of their car the other night so lets ignore the rest of the country.

Rant over.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

nowt here in celbridge since 9am :(
    in work till 2am so hopefully if it dose start i can get home

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Starting to get heavy around Red Cow now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LouiseD3

Snowing now in Brromhill in Tallaght! Might get oiff early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

in the immortal words of the rock, FINALLY!!! THE SNOW HAS COME BACK TO NORTH COUTY MEATH, snowing for the past 90mins, big massive flakes and the so called main event this evening has yet to arrive :D

were in meath are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Snowing in Ballyfermot a few minutes ago, stopped now.

HUGE FLAKES here in finglas now real heavy!

But its pretty wet so not sticking well.. if its like this 2moro but colder then ill be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

it heavy in Tallaght Thank you God massive flakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Still snowing really heavy here, looks pretty beast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

irishdub14 wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed, its like the Sahara here in D13.... :mad::mad:

snow in clare hall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

carlmwan wrote: »
    were in meath are you?

Rathkenny, heard beauparc area and some parts of navan has got nothing yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement