Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

adox wrote: »
    Very very heavy snowfall here in Blanch.

Where in Blanch??? I'm in the village and there was a few minutes of big flakes, but nothing now! Sky looking full of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

The teeniest, tiniest flakes of snow imaginable are now falling in Celbridge - better than nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

getitng heavier in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think some people are will be very, very surprised in a good way overnight and tomorrow morning. :D

I sense a bit of reverse psychology and 'not wanting to jinx things situation' going on. :P
    Heh:)

I am leaning a bit on caution to avoid the jinx but really I can't see how a forecast like that could be given for coastal areas, with the model output currently being shown.

There's nothing worse for causing toys thrown out of the pram than a forecast for 6 inches of snow only to have heavy sleet on all our (dublin-resident) heads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hope it makes its way to Kildare, loving this thread btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Where in Blanch??? I'm in the village and there was a few minutes of big flakes, but nothing now! Sky looking full of it though.

very heavy around ballycoolin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Precipitating for the last hour here now, mostly rain/sleet and thaw really getting going. Has turned to light sleet/wet snow now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

darkman2 wrote: »
    It's gonna get even worse unfortunately.

24-574.GIF?29-6

It will be rain tonight for the Dublin area and pretty much all Eastern coastal counties. I think all the snow here on the ground will be gone by tomorrow morning. Fast thaw now and rainy sleet.

Inland about 40 miles or more the snow should continue.

How come you say it be rain when the temp be at -4 at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im in ballycoolin, the airport side of Blanch. We had a lull here a few minutes ago and then a deluge.

Id say you will get it in 5 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Starting again YEAHHHH :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ntlbell wrote: »
    very heavy around ballycoolin

Just started lightly again here :D Hopefully the heavy stuff is moving this direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

If you are away from the coast, 5-10cm or maybe a bit more possible over the next 48 hours or so based on the latest forecast.

i am about 12-15 miles from the coast as the bird flies so how would that look

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The heavy snow has now reached me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Stop again at the Red Cow, bit annoying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

nothing now here on my side of D15, all queit for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Snowing again here in lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

There's 'something' coming down heavy in d15 now, but can't rule out that it's sleet vs pure snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Light snow in Ballyfermot at the minute. I'm sick of it now. The wipers broke on my car this today.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Iancar29 wrote: »
    HUGE FLAKES here in finglas now real heavy!

But its pretty wet so not sticking well.. if its like this 2moro but colder then ill be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!! :D:D:D:D

Spoke to soon :(
    Nearly stopped now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Runway closed for aprox 20min for deicing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quick question?

why exactly is everyone so eager to see heavy snow?

services shut down. schools shut. more accidents.

Why is that good exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Ok feel a bit better, Dublin airports temp has dropped to 1c from 2c and it is moderately snowing here, about 1.5km from the sea.

Dublin airport is a little further inland,maybe 10km

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I blame Al Gore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Feels like the temp has dropped in the last 15 mins in Dublin south-east, I know everyone thinks the met has put the mockers on the snow (touch wood) but M.T. Cranium said there would be heavy snowfall tonight/tomorrow on the east coast & that guy is always on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Spoke to soon :(
    Nearly stopped now :(

Ah ye , i knew it wouldnt be lasting long from the radar... still better than nothing tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Light sleaty drizzle here in the City Centre.

I dont see as much snow sticking as what we had the weekend !

:(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

quarryman wrote: »
    quick question?

why exactly is everyone so eager to see heavy snow?

services shut down. schools shut. more accidents.

Why is that good exactly?

Its a weather forum. People like following how unusual weather for our climate develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

God lovely sunny day in West Wicklow have to go on school run in an hour hopefully hold off till then. Not looking good if in D24 already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

More confident now that the fall in my part of d15 is just snow. Fairly heavy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement