Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

adox wrote: »
    Not looking forward to the drive home this evening. Hoping the boss will let us leave early.
    I know me too. Debating whether to leg it now. Dont fancy a 4hr trip home to D15 this eve.
    and did i hear Gerry say 10 inches tonight, my woman will be very happy!!!
    10-20cm...10 inches and we'd be in big trouble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

premiercad wrote: »
    http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-rain.gif

3-hour forecast shows the start of the system

will this system come down as for as north wexford later because my hopes of more white stuff is fading fast

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

claire2010 wrote: »
    little bit of thaw in south Wexford earlier snowing now again :)
    where abouts in south wexford, not snowing in new ross

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Is that 'the system'? I wasn't sure if it was due that early...it's supposed to be hanging around early tomorrow morning.

the start of it anyway it's still touch and go if the temp will be cold enough for snow or rain

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Temp in Tallaght has dropped from 0c to -2 in 18 minutes. If tonight happens it will be epic, i barely remember the snow of 81 up here in Tallaght, will this be something along the same lines.

Visability in Snow atm is 30 yards

Should I be getting the hubby to stock up on his way home so? I was a northsider back in '81 ( and a baby ). Now I'm a southsider with a baby so don't want to risk heading out to the shops myself but want to be prepared if I'm housebound for days.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Its bucketing down here in Tallaght, sky is dark can't see 20feet in front of you, is this the start of this evenings event.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

smokin ace wrote: »
    will this system come down as for as north wexford later because my hopes of more white stuff is fading fast
    You might be ok in north wexford but not looking like itwaill reach south unfortunately

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pouring snow here in Tallaght, Sky completely dark roads outside white already had no thaw today and whats falling is sticking, and did i hear Gerry say 10 inches tonight, my woman will be very happy!!!

Did you do this on purpose to tempt us?

Must. resist. Pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Snowing very heavy here at the Beacon South Quarter in Sandyford for last 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

ah, so badly wishing for a massive snowfall in these here parts :(

( Naturally this comes with the understanding that: 1. the oil tank is full, 2. the fridge & freezer full, 3.the cats in, 4.the hubbys home, 5. my wellys are in the house not the shed, 6. there is plenty bird seed stocked and ready, 7. all the old, infrim and homeless that live around here are all warm, safe and sound, 8. that work is cancelled, 9. the roads are closed, and last but not least 10. snowman building becomes mandatory! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Dying off now in D15. Going by the radar I guess that'll be the last of anything for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

pollyos wrote: »
    You might be ok in north wexford but not looking like itwaill reach south unfortunately[/QUOTE

i really hope it makes it down as far as north wexford but i have a feeling it wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Coming down thick and fast in Dublin 24. Just set up a time-lapse so ill let it run for an hour or two and post it up here when its done. Hopefully we'll see the one or two inches already on the ground turn into 5 or 6

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Ill try again.............

Just heard a weather warning on the radio, they said 10 inches of snow for wicklow and dublin over the next 48hours? that cant be right can it?
    Nice sunny afternoon here at the moment

0.3c and dp-6.5 at the moment here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Stopped in Maynooth. Totally grey sky though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

its snowing again here in kilcoole, my mother has gone to my grandparents so she can get to work in the morning, do you reckon i can teach the dog to make a snow man:D

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Should I be getting the hubby to stock up on his way home so? I was a northsider back in '81 ( and a baby ). Now I'm a southsider with a baby so don't want to risk heading out to the shops myself but want to be prepared if I'm housebound for days.:eek:

We actually nipped down to the square earlier Nicki, we live up on the hill past thomas davis club and its unbelivable out, 5 inches already on the ground without what ever happens today and tomorrow, wouldn't due any harm to get a few bits in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

jay28 wrote: »

Just heard a weather warning on the radio, they said 10 inches of snow for wicklow and dublin over the next 48hours? that cant be right can it?

No it's not right. Rain/sleet tonight - maybe some snow early tomorrow morning in Dublin. Anything that falls after 12pm tomorrow will be snow again though and temperatures will plummet. Temperatures and dew points are going to rise tonight temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Bugger off Snow!

I have to drive to Dublin from Cork on Thursday!

I am NOT missing The National.

If by any chance you can't make this journey, please send me a PM and I will take these tickets off your hands :p

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Something brewing ENE

94285012.jpg

Visible here too on run but not much on radar.
    http://www.sat24.com/gb

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=2&sat=

EDIT** just peped up on 15:15 radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Blue skies in Blanch now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

premiercad wrote: »
    http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-rain.gif

3-hour forecast shows the start of the system

I dont think this is what they were talking about for the heavy fall (please tell me if i'm wrong) but is it not this stuff coming from east England & above Belgium & Holland ? http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

dorsetlily wrote: »
    Any reports of snow in Kildare ?

Snowing heavily now in Celbridge..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Darkman2 and Weather Check,

Are you saying Met Eireann have call the weather forecast for tonight in Dublin wrong? Just wondering as if its not going to lash snow and I can leave my work stuff in work instead of trucking on my back on ice in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

See this: http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/#South%20City

Not a sign of it in Newlands Cross! Are these last weeks pics or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

its snowing again here in kilcoole, my mother has gone to my grandparents so she can get to work in the morning, do you reckon i can teach the dog to make a snow man:D

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

jay28 wrote: »

Id say they meant 10cm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Nope they meant inches

Darkman2 and Weather Check,

Are you saying Met Eireann have call the weather forecast for tonight in Dublin wrong? Just wondering as if its not going to lash snow and I can leave my work stuff in work instead of trucking on my back on ice in the city.

Well at the minute its bucketing snow in Tallaght for the last half hour, i wouldn't leave anything to chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

What are the correct phrases when talking about snow intensity...

Snowing heavily?
    Pouring snow?
    Lashing now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement