Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

Comin down in Dun Laoghaire...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Heavy snow in Navan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Pelting snow in Dublin 18 :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing again and sticking. 0.5c DP -0.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

goatstown coming down hard and fast, the roads were clear, now white again,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snowing again in Knocklyon, sticking this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Any hope for Cork later?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LookingFor wrote: »
    Met Eireann has issued a warning for 4-8 inches of snow in Dublin tonight.

They've issued a warning for 6-10 inches in Wicklow.

I think some media are going straight for the 10 inches and reporting that as for the east in general, but the met's warning is a bit more subtle than that.

Even more subtly, that warning is for tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night, so not all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

fitefuaite wrote: »
    Down to -4.8 already in Laois according to my trusty Lidl weather station :)

Looking forward to this snow tonight!!!

getting one for Crimbo - is it any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

My friend told me Dublin is getting 10 inches of snow tonight, is that true?

When in doubt, just look at he latest forecasts/warnings on met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Pissing snow in navan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Nothing in West Foxrock. Oh sorry... I mean Sandyford.

EDIT:
    I stand corrected! I looked at another lamppost and it's coming down!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

Heaviest shower of the day so far right now in Sandyford. Big Flakes this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Heavy snow now at the Red Cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

kenmc wrote: »
    goatstown coming down hard and fast, the roads were clear, now white again,

Same in Ballyboden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Guys I hate to be a party pooper.

While it is exciting to predict how much/when the snow will fall, there are people who are in vulnerable positions.

Yours truly is one such person. I am a wheelchair user and i chose not to drive into work this morning. I decided to take a taxi.

I asked the driver to call back to my place of work at 4pm today. As the day progressed, I was advised to ask him to come at 3pm.

At approx 2.30pm, the Safety Officer where I work advised me to get off the premises and home asap, as there was "significant" snowfall due.

There were a few snide remarks that there was a case of discrimination happening. The Safety Officer was told that it was unfair that I was getting preferential treatment.

Do these people not realise how difficult it is for people in my position to get around safely in conditions like these??

I will be bringing this issue to light with my union Shop Steward and various managers in my workplace.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TinyT

Snowing again in Stepaside, but not sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Snow in Ashbourne and lookin like plenty more in those clouds to the east!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Massive conglomerate of shower gonna smack into Wicklow soon, heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

irishdub14 wrote: »

I think we just broke it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Hmm M50 looks good...

Site0Camera87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

I wonder how much snow north county dublin will get?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Unfortunately, the M2 buoy has been rising slightly in temperature since 2pm. Air temperature of nearly 6 degrees with a dewpoint of nearly 1 degree.

I think the coastline of Dublin anyway will still have to wait for their snow fix until tomorrow morning. I'd want the windspeeds to be near 20 knots to avoid the amount of air mixing that's going to spoil the show along the coast at least. This sort of speed is not forecast until later tonight and early tomorrow morning.

I'm much more confident of snow in Dublin city later tomorrow morning though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Good point , well made Mental Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

jarvis wrote: »

you beauty...my mate told me it was raining there an hour ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

snowing heavy here now as well and its sticking, its feather snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Guys I hate to be a party pooper.

While it is exciting to predict how much/when the snow will fall, there are people who are in vulnerable positions.

Yours truly is one such person. I am a wheelchair user and i chose not to drive into work this morning. I decided to take a taxi.

I asked the driver to call back to my place of work at 4pm today. As the day progressed, I was advised to ask him to come at 3pm.

At approx 2.30pm, the Safety Officer where I work advised me to get off the premises and home asap, as there was "significant" snowfall due.

There were a few snide remarks that there was a case of discrimination happening. The Safety Officer was told that it was unfair that I was getting preferential treatment.

Do these people not realise how difficult it is for people in my position to get around safely in conditions like these??

I will be bringing this issue to light with my union Shop Steward and various managers in my workplace.

:mad:

Who cares :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

jarvis wrote: »

great - have that to get home to watch :) nothing in Finglas still - boo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Inbox wrote: »
    Who cares :pac:

I hope you're joking, otherwise I'll be contacting a mod??? :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement