Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Does anyone no when the next sky news weather report is on

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Inbox wrote: »
    Who cares :pac:

Are you an FF supporter by any chance? Cause you sound like one :eek:
    Go trolling somewhere else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

getting one for Crimbo - is it any good ?

I love it!!! It seems quite accurate! The outside temperature sensor is about 10 metres from the house and it gives humidity, pressure and weather prediction as well... It recorded -9.2 degrees celcius last night. It's quite addictive in this kind of weather!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I hope you're joking, otherwise I'll be contacting a mod??? :mad:

Get a life,this is the weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

carlmwan wrote: »

Usually just before the end of the hour??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Guys I hate to be a party pooper.

While it is exciting to predict how much/when the snow will fall, there are people who are in vulnerable positions.

Yours truly is one such person. I am a wheelchair user and i chose not to drive into work this morning. I decided to take a taxi.

I asked the driver to call back to my place of work at 4pm today. As the day progressed, I was advised to ask him to come at 3pm.

At approx 2.30pm, the Safety Officer where I work advised me to get off the premises and home asap, as there was "significant" snowfall due.

There were a few snide remarks that there was a case of discrimination happening. The Safety Officer was told that it was unfair that I was getting preferential treatment.

Do these people not realise how difficult it is for people in my position to get around safely in conditions like these??

I will be bringing this issue to light with my union Shop Steward and various managers in my workplace.

:mad:

Whoever works with you are morons if they complained.

Snow is fun, and the taught of ten inches is cool as i dont think i've ever seen that much in dublin! but your right for the elderly and disabled people its a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

carlmwan wrote: »

I'm hoping before 5pm, Becks is one dull guy

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

no snow in wexford over night, or all day....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Rte saying 25cm of snow due in the East...

I guess we'll have to make do with our little bit on the ground. Can't see much falling here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Can we all please stay on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

In Dublin 4 at the moment and not much sign of any snow. Is it just me or is there a thaw underway?

Shush you, I need a day off school to build an igloo tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Eh? I wasnt the one who made the childish remark in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not a particuarly nice post. While we all love the snow for the most part, there's no need to rub it in the faces of people who find it difficult to get around in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

now now play nice:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Inbox ( 49 posts) ...go to After Hours for Trolling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

You Sir are a complete and utter tool.

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Guys I hate to be a party pooper.

While it is exciting to predict how much/when the snow will fall, there are people who are in vulnerable positions.

Yours truly is one such person. I am a wheelchair user and i chose not to drive into work this morning. I decided to take a taxi.

I asked the driver to call back to my place of work at 4pm today. As the day progressed, I was advised to ask him to come at 3pm.

At approx 2.30pm, the Safety Officer where I work advised me to get off the premises and home asap, as there was "significant" snowfall due.

There were a few snide remarks that there was a case of discrimination happening. The Safety Officer was told that it was unfair that I was getting preferential treatment.

Do these people not realise how difficult it is for people in my position to get around safely in conditions like these??

I will be bringing this issue to light with my union Shop Steward and various managers in my workplace.

Sorry to here you work with a bunch of idiots with no common sense. Constantly bemused at the attitude at some people these days. I would ENCOURAGE to bring the issue to light! have a pleasant evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can we get back on topic lads?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

snowing heavily in Firhouse again....although my 20 month old is insisting its "wain mama - WAIN"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Thunder & lightning in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

More Thunder in carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

thunder and lightening in dublin 8...snow is on the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Woo! More t & L in finglas!!! Great time to be on a bus into college! Ha

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ohhh.....thundersnow again! :) 0.4c DP -0.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Thunder and lightning in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Good snowfall in Navan, lasted 15 mins or so. Has stopped now, and the ground is covered. Hopefully more on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

thunder and lightning in d2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Thunder in Ballyfermot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 TravelTales

Lightening and rain in Dublin 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement