Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Some stuff in D15 now, but think we're just being clipped by the heavier stuff further south.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Oh...Sky News weather on now!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

I wonder what minimum temperatures will be hit tonight??

Below -10???
    Madness for November!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

trogdor wrote: »
    Just starting to snow again here now, not sticking at the moment. 1.0C/0.3C

Have to confess this is what I'm a bit apprehensive of. Definitely felt warmer here in Donabate a short time ago with the drip drip of a thaw. I imagine it'll drop back soon though. What does anyone else expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Raining here in Marino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

linguist wrote: »
    Have to confess this is what I'm a bit apprehensive of. Definitely felt warmer here in Donabate a short time ago with the drip drip of a thaw. I imagine it'll drop back soon though. What does anyone else expect?

Same here. Wet in south eastern coastal areas in Wicklow and raining. Has been since early afternoon. It would want to start freezing quick if we're gonna have anything decent happen coz it's currently a couple above. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I reckon we could well get a lot of sleet/rain right on coastal fringes overnight but i hope i'm wrong, from late tomorrow morning onwards we should be back to snow again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

looks like Wicklow is in for a pounding. is that wind turning more NE now? looks like it

concerned that big blob is going to miss south dublin

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus not another damp squib please. Certainly starting to feel like that now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snow in Dublin cc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

Zero or negative DP temps everywhere bar Earlscliffe and thats only 1 degree - and it's not even 6pm yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Weird, I'm in Dublin 4 and it's raining right now, with everything melting.

Bad news for pedestrians....:(

Same here. Wet in south eastern coastal areas in Wicklow and raining. Has been since early afternoon. It would want to start freezing quick if we're gonna have anything decent happen coz it's currently a couple above. :confused:

And yet Met Eireann have really pegged their credibility to this one. Waiting on the 1700 observations. We're very close to Dublin Airport so their reading will give a very good indication. Donabate is actually very cold despite being close to the coast. On the plus side, there really hasn't been much of a thaw to speak of here all day so the ground should be nice and cold for sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

carlmwan wrote: »
    Does anyone no when the next sky news weather report is on

It is on all the time using the red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just goin by Met Éireann HQ now... Wish I was goin in there for the evening instead of into college!! :(

And yet Met Eireann have really pegged their credibility to this one. Waiting on the 1700 observations. We're very close to Dublin Airport so their reading will give a very good indication. Donabate is actually very cold despite being close to the coast. On the plus side, there really hasn't been much of a thaw to speak of here all day so the ground should be nice and cold for sticking.

DUBLIN AIRPORT THUNDERSTORM 0

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Sporadic but heavy snow showers in rathfarnham. Its been like this since two pm or there abouts.

The airport and Casement holding at 0 at 1700.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Snowing heavily in Delgany: 0.8c (DP -0.5c),

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Snow in Dublin cc
    Back to Naas with ya, that's Dublin snow your enjoyin:D.

ps. sent some west

• Advertisement

Lovely big flakes down by heuston station !

Back to Naas with ya, that's Dublin snow your enjoyin:D.

ps. sent some west

I'm greedy, I roll with the snow !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

come this way....................D 20

Ok that glistening from the snow on my balcony tells me it's now freezing in Donabate!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I'm 5 mins walk from there and nothing :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

When I came out of UCD there twenty minutes or so ago there was one hell of a flash of lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Still nothing in finglas.. disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

well lads & lassies, I did the drive to Wexford to rescue the babbies.

Left at 11am , just home. HORRENDOUS!

Anyone with half a brain - DO NOT DRIVE !

REPEAT .......................................................... DO NOT DRIVE

29 November 2010 16:36

Today

Staying dry in much of the country this evening, however in parts of Ulster and east Leinster there will be further snow showers. There is also the continuing risk of thunderstorms.

Tonight

Along the east coast of the country there will be some heavy snow showers overnight and some of the snow may travel further inland to parts of the midlands, elsewhere it will remain mostly dry tonight. Another cold night with lowest temperatures of -2 to -7 degrees Celsius, with light to moderate north to northeast winds. Widespread fog will be an issue again tonight and there could be some freezing fog too, and there will also be some icy patches on the roads.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow the heavy snow showers will continue in the east and some isolated snow showers could affect the south coast. The northeasterly wind will strengthen creating blizzard conditions along coastal counties of the south and east and these strong winds could push some showers further inlands. It will remain bitterly cold with top temperatures between 0 and 2 degrees.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

have to say these snow showers seem extremely localised. in some places its snowing and 5 mins down the road nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement