Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

At least temps going in the right direction here (for now). 0.0c DP -0.7c

Last snow shower left a little top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DUBLIN AIRPORT THUNDERSTORM 0
    im not too far from airport,heard 1 clap&saw 1 flash,radio stations in dublin really going on about the "20cm" of snow predicted for dublin tonight which is going to start at 5 o clock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

When I came out of UCD there twenty minutes or so ago there was one hell of a flash of lightning.

And the thunder must have lasted for around ten seconds! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Reports of minus 20 :eek:in parts of England tonight and next few days, jaysus thats cold. I like the look of that big cloud moving its way to Edenderry hopefully its full of big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Starting to wonder should I not head into work in dub tomorrow, may not get home and that means a night in the pub, ow !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

lucy2010 wrote: »
    well lads & lassies, I did the drive to Wexford to rescue the babbies.

Left at 11am , just home. HORRENDOUS!

Anyone with half a brain - DO NOT DRIVE !

REPEAT .......................................................... DO NOT DRIVE

where did you leave from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What are the current thoughts of the amateur forecasters here? Have Met Eireann overhyped it or are we really in for a big lashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

df1985 wrote: »
    have to say these snow showers seem extremely localised. in some places its snowing and 5 mins down the road nothing.

Dead right. I'm on the grange road and it was coming down heavily enough to cover the car pretty much as I was clearing it but a five minute drive away at nutgrove shopping centre there wasn't even a snowflake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

good news, moderate graupel in dalkey, settling.
    edit: already stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

WELL THAT was a wierd day. had no class until 2 o clock today, my 10 o clock class cancelled due to the teacher not being able to leave west cork, please tell she wont be able to leave tomorrow morning ether?

so i'm again, is cork going to see some snow tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

When I came out of UCD there twenty minutes or so ago there was one hell of a flash of lightning.

I was walking by Sydney Parade DART station when I saw that. Took a while for the thunder to make itself known though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Same here. Wet in south eastern coastal areas in Wicklow and raining. Has been since early afternoon. It would want to start freezing quick if we're gonna have anything decent happen coz it's currently a couple above. :confused:

Ok right beside the sea here now on the east coast of Wicklow and it's coming down a bit. It's kinda sleety but enough to coat surfaces of cars and the roads. Looks like we might get a good dump of it after all.

Temp 1.1°C D.P -0.0°C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What are the current thoughts of the amateur forecasters here? Have Met Eireann overhyped it or are we really in for a big lashing?

Met Eireann very rarely over hype things , the usually downplay them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

800+. Good for a Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Starting to wonder should I not head into work in dub tomorrow, may not get home and that means a night in the pub, ow !

I'd be more concerned that you may not make it in.(if this comes off that is )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Nothing here in new Ross in the sunny south east!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

dundrum and nothing yet. Hopefully there will be a downpour before tomorrow morning so no work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just heard on TV3 that a Aer Lingus plane coming in from London was struck by lightning as it approached for landing...it landed safely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Snowing heavily now in Greystones, most of the last couple of days accum had dissappeared during the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

not a flake here in longford???will it ever come my way:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

LookingFor wrote: »
    Just heard on TV3 that a Aer Lingus plane coming in from London was struck by lightening as it approached for landing...it landed safely though.

However, there was a pregnant woman on that plane who doesn't yet know she's pregnant. Nine months from now a baby will be born that seems outwardly normal and healthy but this baby will carry a dark secret. I give you Electro-Baby!

God I hope Speilberg doesn't read this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I'd be more concerned that you may not make it in.(if this comes off that is )

Haha, sure I wouldn't mind that at all !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wow fook

snow grain

massive fork lightning just out to sea, bang within 1 second

i saw the fork!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

wow fook

snow grain

massive fork lightning just out to sea, bang within 1 second

i saw the fork!

Heard that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

However, there was a pregnant woman on that plane who doesn't yet know she's pregnant. Nine months from now a baby will be born that seems outwardly normal and healthy but this baby will carry a dark secret. I give you Electro-Baby!

God I hope Speilberg doesn't read this forum.

LOL are you smoking something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

More thunder and lightening, and snow slowly starting again in malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

was raining in carrickmines for a few mins but now its turning to snow with thunder rumbling in distance

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Thunder in Dub city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

thunder&lightening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light graupel (dalkey)...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement