Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

delw wrote: »
    thunder&lightening :D

Bloody great album that was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

light snow now in ashford

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Fair bit of a thaw in Bray, when it freezes over its gonna make the town look like a looney toons episode! (More than usual i mean):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Have to laugh at this from the rte website, because of the bad weather

Eircom has said that approximately 2,400 customers are without telephone and broadband services.
    The worst-affected counties are Dublin, Louth and Wicklow. The company has advised affected customers to access the 'Log a Fault' section of its website.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

just a flash of lightning in blanch d15 sky mainly clear when is the snow coming:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Have to laugh at this from the rte website, beacause of the bad weather
    "
    Eircom has said that approximately 2,400 customers are without telephone and broadband services.
    The worst-affected counties are Dublin, Louth and Wicklow. The company has advised affected customers to access the 'Log a Fault' section of its website.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH. I bet whoever typed that is having a major facepalm moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

awwww i wanna seee thunder and lightening and snow

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Love it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

huge blue flash and continuous rumbles of thunder
    love this weather

Looks like that the end of the snow for end of dublin for a few hours anyway.

Any idea what time the next batch rolls in? I may have missed a few post updates. I see some folks are still doubtful of MT's forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    just a flash of lightning in blanch d15 sky mainly clear when is the snow coming:D:D

Snow has gone east and west of D15 mainly.

Nothing more in this batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Nothing here in new Ross in the sunny south east!!!
    How did you get away with that?? In east Waterford (Cheekpoint) the snow has been there for days and the road through my village is pure sheet ice -- even dodgy to walk on. The temperature outside my house at 1600 yesterday was -5 degrees.

The sun showed its face today and it thawed some of the snow on trees, but it did damn all for the road and, particularly, the hill just past my house. This is getting serious as I am running out of fags and Irish whiskey. No sign of gritters, but then they can't grit every minor road in the county. It begins to look as if I am about to become a non-smoker and a non-drinker.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Weird, its been snowing steadily now for about 25mins in Greystones but if anything there is less snow lying on the ground. Presume it will freeze in a matter of hours and build up if it continues to snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Some shots from earlier at North Strand. About 3.30pm

attachment.php?attachmentid=137218&stc=1&d=1291052984

attachment.php?attachmentid=137222&stc=1&d=1291052984

attachment.php?attachmentid=137217&stc=1&d=1291052984

attachment.php?attachmentid=137216&stc=1&d=1291052984

attachment.php?attachmentid=137221&stc=1&d=1291052984

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

heavy snow here again, -0.9c and dp is -3.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Jake1 wrote: »

Any idea what time the next batch rolls in? I may have missed a few post updates. I see some folks are still doubtful of MT's forecast.

Nothing out in the Irish Sea at the moment.

Main snow will not be until the middle of the night.

Still might see some action form in the sea before then yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

On RTE now

Main snow will arrive in the 2nd part of the night East Coast- so don't despair yet!!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sleeting here in D4 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

Jake1 wrote: »

Can you not check the charts for yourself? or read back through the older posts? Here are some links, it will save others from having to repeat themselves!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Laois/Portlaoise/advanced_map.html
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm (click on nedbor for percipitation maps)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

still coming down in goatstown, a very fine powdery snow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

GOD , I love it when Nuala talks dirty :

"Heavy snow , Tonight ,Tomorrow and tomorrow night"

The second half of tonight before the heavy snow can be expected mainly along the east coast ,

basically what DM2 said in the forecast thread.

If i dont get to use a shovel to move snow at some stage over this cold period , I will not be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Lads & Lassies in Wicklow, have you seen the latest radar image?

osht2911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

please tell me something is coming to cork??

city has yet to see something decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Decent forecast there, met eireann seriously need to change their snow animation, it looks like rain but pleasently surprised to see theres a chance of showers here, nothing I've seen today has shown anything.

If the wind turns slightly north we might get some of those showers that have been frustatingly just north of here all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Snowing here in Sandymount. that was some walk home from work.

Let the games begin.

timmy89 wrote: »
    Can you not check the charts for yourself? or read back through the older posts? Here are some links, it will save others from having to repeat themselves!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Laois/Portlaoise/advanced_map.html
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm (click on nedbor for percipitation maps)

yeah I could but I didnt have the links and didnt want to trawl the thread, so asked if people could help which they kindly did, so dont be concerning yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Light sleet here in Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies in Wicklow, have you seen the latest radar image?

osht2911.jpg

Yep, its pelting snow down here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

is the snow expected to hit Athy?
    I would like to be snowed in.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

LOL - everytime I leave my mobile over at my Mum's place, she always sends me a text to let me know! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement