Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

anyone care to enlighten me on which way its heading?? im about 10 miles south of gorey and wondering will we be hit??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Someone said on the other thread that that was rain, is that true?

I think that chart just show precipitation which in this case is sleet/snow. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Thundersnow is the coolest weather ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Officer Dibble

I have an issue with a car (fiat multipla) frozen in first gear. Anyone hear of this happening before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

:mad:

Well it's falling as rain in Wicklow.

Falling as heavy snow for about 30 minutes here just up the road from the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddyjoe18

Heavy snow Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Someone said on the other thread that that was rain, is that true?

That was me one the other thread - it was raining lightly in Raheny about an hour ago, but not for all that long in the end. I suspect that it may have been the edge of one of those big clouds - given that everyone south of here is reporting snowsnowsnow, I doubt that it's going to all turn into rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Has just started snowing again in Dublin 24. Good powdery stuff out here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

snowing here in citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I have an issue with a car (fiat multipla) frozen in first gear. Anyone hear of this happening before?

Its probably the linkages are frozen, if you're near Lucan Village, drop me a PM and I might be able to sort it out for ya foc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies in Wicklow, have you seen the latest radar image?

osht2911.jpg

Where do you get these radar images from? I've searched all over and can't find them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Can see the stars here in Drogheda and I can hear thawing snow dropping from the roofs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temps nicely on the slide here now in Waterford, -2.1c DP -3.8c. Looking at the radar there is an outside chance of that precipitation off the Wicklow coast making its way here. This is how we got our snow on Saturday so maybe it could happen again.

More Detail and live Stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Where do you get these radar images from? I've searched all over and can't find them. Thanks.

thats Raintoday.co.uk - but the premium one only will show you snow ( red). the normal one shows orange which is general precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

There's been a healthy fall of snow here in Ardcath east Meath for over an hour now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Heavy snow sticking 3 miles north of town, a mile from coast at sea level.
    0.8C, Dewpoint 0.0C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dunno what is going on with rainradar but it showed a massive snow shower over my area, all we've received is a few flakes, not even a fresh dusting so dunno whats going on with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hailstones here now in D4, really sort of a mixed bag today.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Big chunky proper snow flakes in carrickmines now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Sonovagun wrote: »
    There's been a healthy fall of snow here in Ardcath east Meath for over an hour now!

It didn't stick around where I am in South Meath though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sky News reporting heavy snow for Ireland over the next few days.Temperature here now at -3.8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

zerks wrote: »
    Sky News reporting heavy snow for Ireland over the next few days.Temperature here now at -3.8c.

on the east coast only or more general snowfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

This is just mad. How can it be rain at one coastal location and snow at another only a few miles up the road. Roads and paths all white again here in Bray Seafront. I presume this bodes well for us here in Bray in terms of any showers overnight even before the main event tomorrow.

Bray seems to have been in the bullseye for every stream since Friday and seems to have also been in the bullseye of temperature variences. ie. localise temp and DP at Bray is just right for snowfall while a few miles up the road in Dun Laoghaire or a few miles down the road in Wicklow its falling as rain.

A perfect storm for Bray these last few days. Makes a change. IIRC its been 23 years since Bray had more than a 1 day snow event. ie 1 full day of lying snow. A fair few 'Snows one night, lies on the ground for a day and the kids have a few snowball fights with the 1inch, gone the next day" Even last years big freeze was icy roads and paths for weeks but 1-2inch of lying snow for a day which rapidly became ice again. Whereas a lot of other areas had 5 or 6inches lying for up to 2 weeks.

1987' was the last year Bray had more than an inch or two that lay on the ground for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    please tell me something is coming to cork??

city has yet to see something decent

there is nothing anywhere near cork at the moment anyway:(

we can only enjoy the frost:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Gonzo wrote: »
    I dunno what is going on with rainradar but it showed a massive snow shower over my area, all we've received is a few flakes, not even a fresh dusting so dunno whats going on with that.

Things could be changing by the second???

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Snowing again in clondalkin woot woot :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

any tips for driving in this icy weather? i just got my full liscence so im on ly on the road a few months driving and have no experience driving in snow/frost/ice etc etc, it may sound like a stupid question but im just inexperienced and very nervous going back to work tomorrow i was out sick for few days. so any advise id appreciate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LittleFoot1

Thunder and lighting here in swords :wave:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

I have been following this thread for the last few days and haven't seen this so hopefully it hasn't been previously posted.
    Apologies if it has. Pretty amazing though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snow easing off here now 0.4C/-0.3C but things look very wet and mushy outside..

Ps: Lots of lightning strikes off Ireland today!

137229.gif
    http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement