Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Heyes wrote: »
    Just take it very slowely, your in no rush and it doesnt matter if there are drivers around you that want to drive faster - they can drive around you if thats the case.

Stay in low gears and take your time. Both are key, do that and you ll have no problem at all :)

Driving slow is a must and low gears (2nd and 3rd ) are best for engine braking . Starting off you should use 2nd rather than 1st where possible to reduce the amount of torque going to the wheels ( Thus reducing the chance of wheelspin)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Go on Gerry !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Can someone tell me if there is something wrong with my browser in relation to these:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/
    Like the Naas Road is surely not bright right now??

One or two of the cams are always out of date :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Great. I was like, seriously this can't be right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Is there any chance of dublin cc/north getting a heavy shower of snow during the night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Who's that guy presenting the weather on RTE now .. haven't seen him before!!! Kinda looks like Gerry Murphy though?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

dak wrote: »
    Driving slow is a must and low gears (2nd and 3rd ) are best for engine braking . Starting off you should use 2nd rather than 1st where possible to reduce the amount of torque going to the wheels ( Thus reducing the chance of wheelspin)

and don't jam the brakes on, Google "cadence braking" - keeps control rather than pushing you into further skids

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That was some forecast by the Met for tomorrow! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can someone tell me if there is something wrong with my browser in relation to these:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/
    Like the Naas Road is surely not bright right now??

I actually commented on that earlier, not only was it bright but not a drop of snow. Looks like it's not updating - same with Cabra Rd and O' Connell Bridge webcams if you scroll down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr. S Claus

Tomohawk wrote: »
    If you're gonna stick up a snow report and your location isn't in your Profile, at least mention where you are in the report! God knows you could be at the North Pole for all we know...:D

Yeah, what's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

irish1967 wrote: »
    Go on Gerry !!

He certainly wasn't underestimating the conditions. He now says snow all the way thru wednesday and the cold into mid next week. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Not a thing here in D4 and there hasn't been for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Did ye see that lump of showers currently over England?? That's heading our way too by the looks of things?

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Bit disappointed by the level of detail from Gerry Murphy there now. Basically, there appears to be a front on its way and the bulk of the snow following on behind. Is it a cold or a warm front then? If that's so, then we presumably shouldn't be too worried by the thaw that seems to be taking hold in some parts just now. Lest anyone think I'm taking the p***, I just mean that he seemed to gloss over the actual synoptic chart and I'd appreciate some interpretation. Comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Moderate snow now for the last 30 minutes:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Always happy when Naas is covered !! :D

Ah never mind that aul place its the bridge you want to be worrying about ,

I love the way the MET class Nass/Newbridge as on the east coast in there graphics !

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Just watched a lunatic in Dublin 12 going about 30 miles an hour...narrowly missed a lamppost and then swung the other way almost hitting a pedestrian...people need to slow down or stop driving:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

People should Drive slowly, or not drive at all

All the roads are Slippery, and all some Fools can do is go full speed and Overtake other cars!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah never mind that aul place its the bridge you want to be worrying about ,

I love the way the MET class Nass/Newbridge as on the east coast in there graphics !

Yeah, we love the Met and their ways ! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yeah, what's your point?

Great first post!

Welcome to boards.ie :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Rougies wrote: »
    Who's that guy presenting the weather on RTE now .. haven't seen him before!!! Kinda looks like Gerry Murphy though?
    :D

Did you see that he predicted snow for Tuesday AND Tuesday! Rte FAIL...they always get stuff like that wrong...i think its hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

That was some forecast by the Met for tomorrow! :eek:

Missed it - what did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

linguist wrote: »
    Bit disappointed by the level of detail from Gerry Murphy there now. Basically, there appears to be a front on its way and the bulk of the snow following on behind. Is it a cold or a warm front then? If that's so, then we presumably shouldn't be too worried by the thaw that seems to be taking hold in some parts just now. Comments?

He's useless. Better off watching Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads was that a black cloud with snow that I saw over cork on gerry murphys weather forecast?! I think SO!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Radar11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Monkaa wrote: »
    Did you see that he predicted snow for Tuesday AND Tuesday! Rte FAIL...they always get stuff like that wrong...i think its hilarious

I didn;t notice that, I was too busy being in shock at him saying the S word so many times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

John2009 wrote: »
    Radar11.png

That northern band seems to be going south now, hopefully will go straight through the city :)

Your man Gerry shouldn't be presenting the weather; terrible presenter and poor forecasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The stream over the north of dublin, that seems to be tracking more south in the last couple of radar shots, so maybe more of north dublin will see something in the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Graupel here in Donabate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement