Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Crosses fingers and toes.... Please snow in Maynooth!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

clear sky in finglas:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Your man Gerry shouldn't be presenting the weather; terrible presenter and poor forecasting.

He's trying to look into the camera, and look at his monitor at the same time. He comes across really nervous.

Bring back Aidan McNulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Really pounding down the graupel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Lads what time do do think the front will hit the irish sea about 11?
    Also the isle of man is in for a plastering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RobitTV wrote: »
    People should Drive slowly, or not drive at all

All the roads are Slippery, and all some Fools can do is go full speed and Overtake other cars!! :mad:

yes. it's hard to understand. it's as if they want to test their driving skills. i was going 40 miles an hour on untreated national roads last night and that still wasn't fast enough for the guy behind me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭doseire

Snowing south meath 9 miles from maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking at the chart John2009 posted,it seems Co.Wexford is in the line of fire.

Leave some for us pleaaaase!!! I figure if we're gonna have snow and ice I might as well have a decent amount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowing again here now right at the coast, 0.4C/-0.1C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is Tullow the coldest place in this county ?

-7.5 already and it looked like it went as low as -10 last night .

Statically does anyone know where is the coldest place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

zerks wrote: »
    Looking at the chart John2009 posted,it seems Co.Wexford is in the line of fire.
    certainly hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

i was in walkinstown today and we had one or two flurries, nothing major. i was expecting it to be a mare driving home to lucan, but the roads were grand. car thermo showing 0 degrees. the flurries seem to be brief enough and theres not much happening really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Rain/sleet in Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

BIRRRRRRR :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

yes yes yes yes yes snow snow snow
    heavy shower here around 6.45pm left a nice dusting BUT a thaw is allready starting temps going up at the mo :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well hello :D

137230.gif

Does anyone know when the temps in Dublin will drop and when is this "crazy" snow meant to land? Looking like a bit of a non event as things thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Well hello :D

I was just looking at that !! BRING IT ON !!:D

I'm a fair* (read snow) stalker of these forums. If the temps go up does that mean that fronts will continue to build over land as well as the sea. I'm such a novice but aren't our fronts developing over the irish sea atm because ground temps are so low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Great forecast from Gerry, this could be a once in 20 year event if it happens as the forecast says it will!!!

Does anyone know when the temps in Dublin will drop and when is this "crazy" snow meant to land? Looking like a bit of a non event as things thaw.

If you look at the forecast thread about this cold spell , the more seasoned weather members are saying the second half of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

That track has indeed pushed south...snow now in south D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

got to agree. The back garden has completely thawed at temp is now 4.5c in Car. Not even a frost on the windscreen

Dub17

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

John2009 wrote: »
    Radar11.png

whats that grey strip going down the middle of the nice red snowy patch

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I know there were pretty low temps recorded at Casement last night, about -10 if my memeory serves me correctly. Saw it somewhere earlier but can't remember where, so don't quote me on that :D as for at the moment...I'll have a look and try find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

snowing in Tinahely... bring it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Just back from Blanchardstown, all around the shopping centre is so slippy it's lethal.

Lots of motorists driving at crazy speeds. I also think pedestrians need to be conscious of fact that they can't just walk out onto a level crossing without looking. Conditions are very slippy, and that car approaching the crossing may not be able to stop and will mow you down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Heavy snow fall here, massive flakes

• Advertisement

Elliee wrote: »
    Heavy snow fall here, massive flakes

WHERE THE F*CK IS HERE?

Put your location in your bio!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement