Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Blue = rain
    White = Sleet
    Red= Snow
    Yellow = Hail

Here is a look at the temps :

137238.jpg

it -2.3c at the min so it would hardly fall as rain with that temp

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Cionád wrote: »
    Carpenterstown? :P

No Castleknock and pelting down now!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Yeay, Bring on the snow in Lucan!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

are we getting more snow in Cork? We had a light snow last night and everywhere was white. It was lovely - some snow are still there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The band os snow crossing UK is very interesting.
    Not only has it gathered speed but it is also gaining in intensity.
    It's almost reached the West coast of UK already.
    We'll know more in a couple of hours but my earliest thought is that this could produce a widespread snowevent across the country.
    Worth watching closely:)

Januarysnowstor how's it looking for cork CITY?! Surely we'll see SOME snow over the next few days?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

We'll know more in a couple of hours but my earliest thought is that this could produce a widespread snowevent across the country.

Yeah, all day the bands of showers were being eaten up by the midlands, maybe this new band will make it through! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Graupel in Castleknock and El Classico on the box,not a bad Monday night:):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Light snow in Newbridge:)

Edit: Big chunky flakes in it

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

It looks like that band of precip. will arrive in Ireland at maybe 4am, at the rate it's moving according to http://www.raintoday.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Not snowing here in Enniscorthy but temperature has been dropping sharply. Lots of compacted snow still here for third day. It's always nice to see a bit of snow but with all the hills in town it makes driving/walking very difficult.

snow003i.jpg
    Pleasing rooftop view looking north from Enniscorthy on Saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Does anyone know when the temps in Dublin will drop and when is this "crazy" snow meant to land? Looking like a bit of a non event as things thaw.

I think we will not see anything until about midnight.

Still has a couple of hours to clear the english coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Sleety grupal now bucketing down in northwest Glasnevin. Temps seem to be falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

Can anyone explain the thunder & lightning? I always thought you needed hot humid weather to produce this, but it appears not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

How you get the map like the one you show #1353 ? I google it and I cant get the thing you have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Nothing in ashbourne...boo

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

It looks like that band of precip. will arrive in Ireland at maybe 4am, at the rate it's moving according to http://www.raintoday.co.uk

will that band coming across the uk hit ireland or will it fall apart before it gets here

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

2nd heavy snow this evening just finished...... hate to think whats coming in the big one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Cabra wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the thunder & lightning? I always thought you needed hot humid weather to produce this, but it appears not!

yes someone answer that for me too.:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

This is what I was driving through earlier. Skys are clear now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

just told the wife to expect 8 inches tonight she's all excited:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

jimmynokia wrote: »
    its snowing lightly in clondalkin now its getting heavier though

Oooh gimme some snow.... being all snow greedy :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snow has stopped in Lucan up by Willsbrook Park ... unless more is heading my way in the next few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Snowing in Celbridge - so happy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

This is the forecast for just after 10 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

smokin ace wrote: »
    will that band coming across the uk hit ireland or will it fall apart before it gets here

Well it seems to be what Met Eireann are basing their estimates of 10cm of snow in Dublin on, so the experts think it won't fall apart. Looks pretty big to me in any case, much bigger than anything we've seen so far today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

yes someone answer that for me too.:D
    Someone on the radio earlier explained it as air rushing upwards and this can happen when the sea is warmer than the air above it which is why a lot of the thunder and lightning has been at seas or close to the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Heroditas wrote: »
    Snow has stopped in Lucan up by Willsbrook Park ... unless more is heading my way in the next few minutes?
    It's still going near the Pennyhill!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Loud and heavy hail in Malahide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

LFCFan wrote: »
    Someone on the radio earlier explained it as air rushing upwards and this can happen when the sea is warmer than the air above it which is why a lot of the thunder and lightning has been at seas or close to the coast.
    Heard that too. I think he used the word 'violently', so it's when there's a rapid change in pressure/temperature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement