Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭compsys

baraca wrote: »
    Check his forecast thread.

Oh sorry, where is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Are met eireann making a hash of this again? There is less snow on the ground here in north Dublin than there was this morning. Some of it has thawed and yet 20cm meant to be on the way. I remember they talked upbig snow event last winter that never happened.

The amount of snow that could fall within the next couple of hours has nothing to do with the amount that fell in January, plus the British broadcasts have said the same..I dont think it will be as severe either but there's no harm in the warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

my advice for all of you is to go to bed and wake up at about 6/7 tomorrow when the colder air should start making it in. The first batch of showers from the approaching system are likely going to be of sleet on the coast. I'd say from 9/10/11am onwards we'll see the snow sticking at all levels in Dublin/East Coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Soft hail shower here now along with a light thawing, seems to concur with what Weathercheck just said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Have a feeling this snow will be confined to the eastern fringes only. Its clear and cold here but not as cold as recently, definitely some ever so slightly milder air aloft...

it's -2 here, and with the slight breeze it feels very raw. it seems your determined to play down this cold:p well i hope you wake up to heavy snow fall as punishment:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

hail in Glasnevin

White out in Arklow
    0.2c air
    -0.3c dp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

No more British Isles crap etc.

Instant bans otherwise.

This is a weather forum, there are no political boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

No prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

so whats the deal? no snow at all in dun laoghaire! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

You were too close to the vehicle in front for those road conditions. Tut, tut. :D
    we were going a lot slower than it looked. Don't worry, I've seen enough idiots on the roads lately to know what not to do in snowy conditions :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Hi, there seems to be no mention of Limerick anywhere. Could someone tell me please if there is any snow at all in store for us???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Keano! wrote: »
    so whats the deal? no snow at all in dun laoghaire! :mad:

welcome the our (cork city) world.:rolleyes:

why the rest of the country has got steady stream of snow, we're currently starving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Snowing heavy in Sallins right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

heavy snow finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

chatjunkie wrote: »
    Hi, there seems to be no mention of Limerick anywhere. Could someone tell me please if there is any snow at all in store for us???

limerick like cork appears to have a shield hanging over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

the occluded front up along the uk is really getting goin if it's even half as good as that when it crosses the pond we will get big precipitation, All depends on the temperature ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

patneve2 wrote: »
    my advice for all of you is to go to bed and wake up at about 6/7 tomorrow when the colder air should start making it in. The first batch of showers from the approaching system are likely going to be of sleet on the coast. I'd say from 9/10/11am onwards we'll see the snow sticking at all levels in Dublin/East Coast

its not just stickin here but building up,up,up.....ya get the picture:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Where are the British Isles??? You mean IRELAND and Britain unless you consider yourself to be British. Are you Irish?

FFS this is a thread about the weather, is there anywhere on Boards that this silly nationalistic nonsense doesn't penetrate? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snow stopped for a bit but its coming down nicely again now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

BBC News shows that band of Snow moving South more so than East :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Sudden warning here, a slight wind arrived and the temp shot up 4.5 degrees to -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wealthyman

When will snow arrive to the west of Laois?? Really sick of waiting now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow here. -0.1c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

just starting to snow very lightly in north kilkenny now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭compsys

DominoDub wrote: »
    BBC News shows that band of Snow moving South more so than East :(

Yeah, saw that forecast on the BBC news too.

Looks as if most of the snow is only gonna hit the East between 2am and 4am (when most of us will be in bed) and then rapidly move southwards.

Other forecasters seem to suggest more prolonged snow for late tonight and tomorrow - really hope they're right! Would love to see some snowfall during daylight hours.

On a side note, another light snow shower here :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Anybody got an update on Dublin Airport? AA Roadwatch say that there are cancellations and refer you to the DAA website. On doing that, they say on this website "operational". Would appreciate some local knowledge as I am flying out tomorrow at around 11 to the UK.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Few new showers bubbling up in the Irish Sea now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow:)
    Just had some lovely fresh snow, heavy aswell:)nice top ups!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

How much snow are we actually to expect in Leinster tomorrow/tomorrow morning? A foot of snow at 6am would probably affect roads etc a lot, so are we to take that seriously or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement