Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

nice streamers on irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

currently active users in weather forum: 1011 (295 members & 716 guests) :O

C'mon snow, Killarney is waiting!
    0C here, DP -2C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

big change to weather now, more sleet / snow on coast and snow inland... god dam it, why do they tease dublin with the big snow that never happens !

It's all over for people right on the coasts.

Gerry Murphy on the weather just said it there. Changed the forecast to sleet and rain for coastal areas tonight and tomorrow with inland areas having snow.

That's that then. All over for counties RIGHT on the coast.

PS: The guy is still a bloody terrible presenter, just doesn't look suited to the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

munster not even getting a look in?? :confused: according to rte news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

No snowfall at all here in Rush Indeed there seems to have been a major thaw. For the first time in nearly 48 hours there is little or no snow on the ground. A shame because there was such heavy downfalls earlier in work, when I posted from Ballycoolin.

Here's hoping it's allwhite in the morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

jimmynokia wrote: »
    looks like the snow is over and it will be gone by tomor good by to snowfest ,hope im wrong

Ah you have it all wrong. The snow was never meant to come in untill during the night and early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Damn you Gerry Murphy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Yeah I would be pretty sickened by that if i was on the coast, they are covering themselves by saying that, they seen ur man on the news report saying it was rain and sleet so they nowcasted it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Gerry Murphy on the weather just said it there. Changed the forecast to sleet and rain for coastal areas tonight and tomorrow with inland areas having snow.

PS: The guy is still a bloody terrible presenter, just doesn't look suited to the role.

So all the talk of only coastal counties getting lots of snow tonight and tomorrow morning that have been going on all day have now been ditched and now its all over ? :confused:
    This is confusing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Good man Gerry - must have specified about 5 times that it will be sleet 'right on the coast' and snow further inland. Anybody know what that means roughly? 5 miles? 10 miles? 20 miles? 30 miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

15 miles away from the coast Casement area should fall as snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i think snowfest is not going to happen i think met eireann got it wrong it will turn out to be only a few passing showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

here is a few links for people wanting to know will it snow etc

http://www.irelandsweather.com/ for tempertures
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ for tracking precip

just a bit of a starter:)

Ye i think he had a look on here :D because loads of people were saying that here all day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

By the way I see Ulster has been upgraded to 15-20cms?? I wonder if us in Donegal will see any of this .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well thats a cracking forecast from Gerry ,

At the begging of his forecasts he reminds me of Peter Spencer from Some mothers have em!

Directly on the coast sleet and rain , as I have been saying all night , the lads in the forecast thread on this event said that this would be the case ,

It so annoying to see people coming on spouting about how the met have got it wrong when the event has not even started !

cocoemma wrote: »
    how do you listen to the air traffic control guys???:confused:

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

He seemed a little less qualified about it being snow later tomorrow and thereafter...maybe the more mixed air from this front, once it passes, we'll be back to colder stuff more uniformly again (per Weathercheck's earlier post also).

Still, disappointing. I think where I am (west Dublin) is very marginal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I hope RTE are wrong with the most recent update :( Who the hell wants sleet? It has to be all out snow or nothin'! :mad:

I'm sick of listening to their 'reports', they haven't a feckin' breeze either what's going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

So a Non Event it will be then! (unless inland & high ground)

Ah well we have the rest of Winter to look forward to, maybe the poor boards.ie webservers will get a rest. No more requests for a page refresh by 800+ people in one thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Shelga wrote: »
    Damn you Gerry Murphy! :(

Gerry Murphy has not a clue. Inland parts of Dublin/Wicklow/Meath will have snow showers without a doubt. - 2 in west Dublin at the moment. You are right he is a crap presenter and does not suit the role.

It's extremely obvious that met.ie check out this section of the site to hear what we are saying. It's just so obvious from the way Gerry was forecasting that last one.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy has not a clue. Inland parts of Dublin/Wicklow/Meath will have snow showers without a doubt. - 2 in west Dublin at the moment. You are right he is a crap presenter and does not suit the role.

Not a breeze. He looks like he should be at home knitting...not on the tv presenting the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

whitemocha wrote: »
    can people please stop asking is it going to snow in there area look back over the thread and you will get the picture tis a bit annoying

Right on!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Believe it or not, places do exist beyond the Pale...

Well, I have faith. Im hoping those streamers are heading straight for Lucan, we are miles from the coast :)
    :D;)

This 'event' as some of you are calling it, is not due to start till later as most of the experts were saying, so dont panic too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Alicat wrote: »
    I hope RTE are wrong with the most recent update :( Who the hell wants sleet? It has to be all out snow or nothin'! :mad:

I'm sick of listening to their 'reports', they haven't a feckin' breeze either what's going on!

check out sky news weather much better
    im getting sick of RTE :mad: load of rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Im a pilot so RT is easy for me

*RT= Radio telephony

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement