Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    By the way I see Ulster has been upgraded to 15-20cms?? I wonder if us in Donegal will see any of this .

I have been trying to figure that out all day. Will it make it's way from coast to coast. Wish meteireann could figure out what ulster is. It's 9 counties not 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

snowing in carrickmines now but nothing like the snow we had over the weekend....im raging!!! Met Eireann get it wrong AGAIN! They were going mad about this snow storm on the six one and just watched the 9 oclock news where they've already changed there tune :mad::mad: Ive a presentation and exam tomorrow & was hoping to have an excuse to miss at least one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

and that's that...DL Harbour from 1.6 deg to 3.3 (http://www.dlharbour.ie/) in the space of 10 minutes...even a more swift thaw on the way i think...

timmy89 wrote: »
    Right on!

I think when people are asking the questions they are asking the experts in here, which, I dont think you are, no offence meant :) So probably best to let the experts ask people to stop if its bothering them.
    Most of them dont seem to mind, they understand some people cant follow the charts.
    So if they dont mind, you shouldnt either.:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Thawing like a bugger right here in Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Ah what a load of rubbish. We will still get a pasting. It is well below freezing here and we are on the coast.

come on the snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

andy_g wrote: »
    Im a pilot so RT is easy for me

*RT= Radio telephony

Nice man thats what i hope to become one day:D once im out of school:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

carlmwan wrote: »

Thanks carlmwan and hell fire ;)

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ah what a load of rubbish. We will still get a pasting. It is well below freezing here and we are on the coast.

come on the snow!!

Thats the spirit. :) Im watching those streamers, they are heading to us.. I feel it :)
    Fingers toes crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Just in from being out in the car in the Dundrum, Dublin area. Roads are very much thawed at the moment. Not slippery any more, just wet and slushy. Also, a shower of sleety rain which has just stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Clear night here in Waterford City with a heavy frost after setting in. Temp is -2.6c DP -4.0c. No sign of the milder air here yet. Those showers off the Wexford coast are tracking away from us so we won't see much action from them. Just have to hope we are far enough away from the east coast so we keep our temps low enough for snow tomorrow.

More Live Stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hilarious stuff altogether.

Now that the met are off the ramp, lets hope for some last minute upgrades.

The radar is all over the place, had a intense blob over me but nothing, streamers off north coast Dublin seem to be heading more directly south now.. heading straight SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

On the rise here..up to 0.8C now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Im discusted that RTE yet again have got it wrong. How can they get it wrong every single time !?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Temps and DP falling nicely now

Temperature
    -0.6°C
    Humidity
    92%
    Dewpoint
    -1.7°C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Site is sooooo slow tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

the raintoday website shows the major event that the met are forecasting which will come in overnight if its correct what we are getting now is only a taste.

In saying that it has been snowing almost consistently for 3 1/2 hours in rathdrum Co. Wicklow

Hilarious stuff altogether.

Now that the met are off the ramp, lets hope for some last minute upgrades.

The radar is all over the place, had a intense blob over me but nothing, streamers off north coast Dublin seem to be heading more directly south now.. heading straight SW.

It's ridiculous. WHy did they release such a stupid statement? They're a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Clouds in swords look like they're full of it..snow snow snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I could have gone to the gym afterall.....
    Damn you weather!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No snow in Enniscorthy yet,still below freezing here,no sign of a thaw-my car is frozen over after being clear today.Not a cloud in the sky but could end up waking up to another few inches of snow in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mrs K

According to accuweather it's gonna snow by midnight then again from 5am-8am tomorrow! Malahide area! Hope it's wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Tramore Co.Waterford: Very cold down here As usual, clear skys, No snow tonight by the looks of things, same All around waterford, Temp in tramore: -3.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

andy_g wrote: »
    Im a pilot so RT is easy for me

*RT= Radio telephony

hey, listening now.. was muffled at the start but its grand now.. great listening to them, it's quite clear actually!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any chance of snow for Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Handiest thing to do folks is to go to
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    and watch the animation radar. That big clump of cloud us the front which is forecast to bring the snow.
    Watching the radar will give you an idea of how long it's going to take to hit the Irish east coast.
    Remembering that the sea is warmer than the land right now it will probably fall as rain or sleet right on the coast until it cools down after crossing some land. Obviously crossing higher ground and or already snow covered ground will turn it to snow quicker.
    It remains to be seen how strong this front will be when it hits the Irish east coast. The stronger it is the further inland it will get before it runs outta steam.

Big bands of snow leaving west coast of england now, heading one way ...:)

Im going to bed soon, and know Ill wake up to lovely fresh snow.
    Goodnight all. Enjoy the snow watching.
    Thanks to all the experts for their help. You've all played a blinder helping us.
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Snowing heavy D11

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Well I'm right on the coast in Wexford town, and it's defo snow not sleet, still coming down and roads are getting very slippy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Band of precipitation now beginning to move out of Cumbria and into the Irish Sea. Interesting now to watch its development in the next couple of hours.

EDIT: M2 buoy report 5.1C/DP -0.9. at 2100. Slightly down from 2000 i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement