Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Holy crap! Loads of snow Heading towards Northern ireland, from The north of England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

if met eireann are predicting sleet you guys better get your snow boots ready! No but seriously, nothing has changed...initially rain/sleet before the showers turn back to snow sometime tomorrow morning (afternoon at the latest).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

This site is ridiculously slow tonight.

Looking at raintoday, there is a tonne of red and yellow stuff over the UK, will that ever get to us and if so will it turn into snow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nothing here in Dun Laoghaire, i'm expecting to have to go to work tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hail and snow in Ringsend D4 now, slush turning white outside before this shower - indicating that ground temperatures getting close to freezing again even this close to the coast.

Heres a video someone from Roundwood sent me in work from last night.
    I wish I still lived there, will be utter snowtopia there tomorrow.

Stay safe out there folks!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Waterford seems to be Missing out on Snow past Two days, Loads of snow showers Around wexford last night and tonight, but it never gets to Waterford, it always breaks up or drifts off somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Heyes wrote: »
    Im discusted that RTE yet again have got it wrong. How can they get it wrong every single time !?

I think it's Met Eireann you have the problem with. You know RTE aren't responsible for forecasting the weather right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

RobitTV wrote: »
    Holy crap! Loads of snow Heading towards Northern ireland, from The north of England

Loads it east coast of NI in the last few days and was well dead before it got here. Hoping that these bands will be strong enough to push right across. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Just watched the weather on sky news. They don't seem to follow the disappointing RTE forcast. If you're to go by Sky news the temperatures will drop and we're in from a pasting come midnight, and again at midday tomorrow. Most of the east coast and it will make it pretty far inland...almost as far as galway (all be it a thin band of prec). So thats the word from sky news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Dublin Airport back reporting a temp of 0 and a dew point of -2. It's not over just yet!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

light fluffy snow in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

In case you were wondering why boards.ie has turned ridicuosly slow...

1012.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Waterford seems to be Missing out on Snow past Two days, Loads of snow showers Around wexford last night and tonight, but it never gets to Waterford, it always breaks up or drifts off somewhere else

Spare a thought for me RobitTV. I depend on Waterford and Kilkenny's leftovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Hail/light sleet now in Crumlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

There is some weather east of howth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

IIRC, Ger Murphy said that the band of snow/sleet/rain(whatever it's going to be?) could push as far inland as west Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

gutted
    totally thought i woudlnt be able to make it out of blanch in the morning
    off to bed now
    not impressed
    here is hoping for a change raina dn sleet can go and do one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Whiteout in D11... Mostly grapuel though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Good snow here in Dublin 5. The pup hasn't a clue what it is but seems to like it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Reminds me of last Winter radar watching. The same thing always happened, luckily at least we got some nice snow on Saturday but hopefully tomorrow will deliver something more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

carlmwan wrote: »

Elaborate?

boards.ie is very very slow tonight, the Site may not be able to Take loads and loads of people at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

carlmwan wrote: »

Weather you say? What are the odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Snowing now in Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

ye. gerry was rabbiting on about the east coast of ulster getting hit first...so the north may bear the brunt:(

Reminds me of last Winter radar watching. The same thing always happened, luckily at least we got some nice snow on Saturday but hopefully tomorrow will deliver something more.

Yeh agreed, atleast Theres still piles and piles of snow all over the place, Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Sleet/hail and thunder and lightening in Malahide. Has only been lasting a few minutes at a time all evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I personally believe it will start snowing in Maynooth at 11pm, +/-10 mins, and it should last for approx. 15-20 mins dropping just over an inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

boards.ie is very very slow tonight, the Site may not be able to Take loads and loads of people at a time

its pure torture posting 2nite. worse that looking a gerry murphys 3 mins of depression.

a far cry from clara fincala's 10 inches of snow...what are they like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

wow :eek:10mm deep slush on runway echo 4..oh ye and still snow on runway echo 5+6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement