Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Earlier dark slush on the Eastlink bridge turning increasingly white from my viewpoint -> its turning more icy, which bodes well.
    Anyone looking at the latest radar from England?, the main event seems to be severely weakened , i wonder if it will pep up across the Irish sea.
    I think the earlier depth forecasts may need a decimal point to the left, with the exception of Wicklow mountain areas which I know are underestimating from previous experience living there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Just watched the weather on sky news. They don't seem to follow the disappointing RTE forcast. If you're to go by Sky news the temperatures will drop and we're in from a pasting come midnight, and again at midday tomorrow. Most of the east coast and it will make it pretty far inland...almost as far as galway (all be it a thin band of prec). So thats the word from sky news.

sky is too general, wouldnt trust them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

its stopped here again - not much happening tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Almost ready to write off tonight and await what comes behind this front...terrible feeling I'll wake to a soggy, cold morning. The worst kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

light snow in gorey again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Supercell wrote: »
    I think the earlier depth forecasts may need a decimal point to the left.

Be careful you may cause Boards to crash. Personally I blame Met Eireann, they put the jinx on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

It's almost 4 degrees here right now and the DP has gone up to 0. The last shower ws rain. the hail/snow that was lying has mostly melted away by this point. I'm not expecting a lot out of all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Earlier dark slush on the Eastlink bridge turning increasingly white from my viewpoint -> its turning more icy, which bodes well.
    Anyone looking at the latest radar from England?, the main event seems to be severely weakened , i wonder if it will pep up across the Irish sea.
    I think the earlier depth forecasts may need a decimal point to the left, with the exception of Wicklow mountain areas which I know are underestimating from previous experience living there.

i have noticed that it has weakened abit over the last hour or so as well but it will depend on it crossing the pond if it get stronger or fizzles out to a damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Snowing in Clondalkin D22

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Band of precipitation now beginning to move out of Cumbria and into the Irish Sea. Interesting now to watch its development in the next couple of hours.

EDIT: M2 buoy report 5.1C/DP -0.9. at 2100. Slightly down from 2000 i think.

i reckon it will hit us in about an hour,
    pry for snow for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Winger I'll hold you to that! I'm in Maynooth and will be just heading to bed then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think it will beef up in the Irish sea alright.

NAE 18z has a decent amount of precip falling.

around 25mm along the coast by tomorrow afternoon accumed.

Here are the 6z and 12z charts (6hr accums)

10113006_2918.gif

10113012_2918.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

woohhhooo bucketing down again in Swords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

CuteOne wrote: »
    light snow in gorey again

it very light stuff falling in camolin aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Carlow at the moment...

FFFFFrrrrreeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzing cold :eek:

But no sign of snow yet..

Just leftovers from Saturday all turned to ice now and lethal..

[SIZE=+1]Current Temperature [/SIZE]-5.7°C (21.7°F), Apparent temp -8.3°C

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Light snow shower just hit and cleared Castleknock D.15. Huge cloud and then nothing. However there is NO thaw here..roads are very icey and white and temperature is just around zero. Maybe there is a thaw on the coast but not here and whatever falls will be snow and graupel.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenism

Nothing to report here in Leixlip, looks like the winds have completely changed the direction of the storm. Seems to be effecting the seas and not coming inland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Mrs K wrote: »
    According to accuweather it's gonna snow by midnight then again from 5am-8am tomorrow! Malahide area! Hope it's wrong
    I would say it's fairly accurate. I'm just in from a very brisk walk with dogs on burrow beach in Sutton and there is a nasty storm brewing over Ireland's eye headed this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ginny wrote: »
    woohhhooo bucketing down again in Swords.

Jealous :(

Just blow over this direction will ya :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

light snow now in citywest/saggart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

irishbird wrote: »
    light fluffy snow in finglas

I don't see any :confused::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

All quiet still here in Rush. Most of the snow on the ground has now completely disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

AccuWeather says snow for cork tomorrow, true or false? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Snowing again WOOOOOOOO :D

Screw you gerry murphy!!!! :p:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Alicat wrote: »
    Jealous :(

Just blow over this direction will ya :p

:( It covered the car then eased off, still a few fluffy flakes falling, the sky looks weird though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

still snowing here nice and steady at the foothills of Dublin mountains, 3hrs still going strong 4inches of fresh stuff on the ground on top of 2 inches compacted ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

small snow shower here in the naul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Accu works on computer info only. So it's working on current info. The way the weather is at the moment accu will change hour on hour. Could be right. Could be a bit off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

snowing moderatly in citywest/saggart:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Reckon that front moving in from England might hit sooner than expected. Looks to be moving quite fast.. :confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement