Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

barnacle wrote: »
    After that horrible 4 hour 30 min journey from DCU there had better be one of two things.

That's the kicker. For those of us who have to work, a dump of snow that comes during the workday is going to make for a lot of miserable commuters tomorrow evening.

That one crazy day last winter was a nightmare for commuters around the East. Took me 6 hours to get home. I really don't want a repeat tomorrow. Much better that we get a dumping overnight and work from home :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I think that we can all assume (considering lightning generally isn't a very localised event) that when someone has heard loud thunder after a bright flash of lightning, it can most likely be seen / heard all over Dublin.

Unless of course we have special storms that give each post code their own little thunder storm (that noone else can see/hear) lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

All's quiet in Galway:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

good heavy snow coming down in Goatstown, clap of thunder just a few mins ago too...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Oh my giddy aunt...just opened the front door to look at what I could hear against the window. Daughter stuck her hand out to catch some graupel, big blue flash and almost instant crash of thunder right on top of us. Change of pants now required, scared the bejaysus out of us. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

snowing now in blanch d15 came in really quick also lightening;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Out having a smoke and caught that huge flash. Some bang as well!!! Light snow blowing from the north in Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    Think I just saw a flash of lightening and a bang of thunder in Ashbourne. Or any I hearing and seein things???????

That did happen. heard it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 GiddyUp86

Didnt see the lightning but there was extremely loud thunder in Rialto, the loudest I have heard in this country!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Lol, i say some the Air traffic controlers are ****tin themselves about the thunder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

We have a poster called "Isle of man" lol! I'm sure we'll be updated, fingers crossed :)

Unless he's under the snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

One epic lightning and thunder rumble in Dublin 2. The flash lit my room the **** up!! :p

Pretty heavy graupel too

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

medium flakes for last 10 minutes or so in Sandyford, no thaw today at all here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Big flash and bang in city centre about 4 mins ago

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thunder and lightening in finglas

the oh is just home from work, the car was sliding all over the road, so take care out there people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

okay, here goes...wind has backed NNE at Dun Laoghaire, might fluctuate between NNE and NNW for a while before settling at NE

http://www.dlharbour.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just in case anyone here doesn't know, there is a weather chatroom on Wolfe's Irish Weather Online website. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Pilot mentioned snow getting thicker on approach to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Snow and loud thunder in Rathgar. Gettt in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

He updated dacogawa. Still waiting for it to hit, it been delayed buckling around the island!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Damn ye getting snow in the suburbs after that thunder clap, no snow here yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

expect a significant rise in temps in the next hour, wind has backed from NNW to NNE and now to NE (Dun Laoghaire)...might still fluctuate a bit...

http://www.dlharbour.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Just starting to belt down snow here near Enniscorthy
    Heavy frost on the ground so it should stick fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

we have snow.

started on the moutain about 3 mins ago.
    not sure on lower lvls yet.
    will update when i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Snow bucketing down in Lucan Village now! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Snowing in Lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Wohoooo! Now don't take it all Isle of Man, we want some left lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

That big bang hit about 10 mins ago and it's been snowing moderately for the last 5 minutes here in Leixlip. Bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Graupel with some larg-ish hail falling fairly steadily now in Finglas.

**actually fairly heavily now, visibility is extremely reduced.

***Just turned to the fluffy stuff!!!!!!

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement