Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Moderate graupel shower for the past 20 mins or so. Everything pretty much white again. Definite increased chill in the air and temp definitely back below freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

lightening in Wexford just seen it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Awh! Just out of curiosity which is the north western side of Maynooth? College end or other side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Big flash and bang in city centre about 4 mins ago

That was bloody terrifying never heard anything like it, was it actually thunder?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

whats the story with temps tonight - Are we to get a severe frost or are they on the up now for the night ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Snow Leopard

snowing nicely here now...long may it last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Stopped snowing in Lucan now, Dublin Airport runway seems to be very slushy...

heard 5 cm of slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Gerry saying on the weather sleet for coastal counties - Had 3 heavy snow episodes since earlier - no sleet & im about 1km from see - wouldnt be loosinghope there folks. Raintoday radar looking pretty beefy..

He said it could turn to rain/sleet at times but only down right on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There was a flurry of snow here in Lucan a short while ago but it's stopped again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Lashing snow down in Stillorgan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Re-post (I think this should be done every 10/20 pages)

Could I just suggest that anyone with old or infirm neighbors just check in on them tomorrow, see if they need anything from the shops, etc. its all fun for us but can be hell for them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    heard 5 cm of slush.

They doin' a runway inspection at the mo, wouldn't be surprised if they closed it...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice fine light snow here, giving a nice top up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

looks like that snow that ssuppose to hit east cost is going to miss, moving south quicker that people thought, its going to hit bristol, not moving towards ireland at all

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

They doin' a runway inspection at the mo, wouldn't be surprised if they closed it...

Lets hope not:( what runway is it E10?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

barnacle wrote: »
    East meath anyone? What are the chances tonight?

Also, whats the outlook for tomorrow? Is it going to be the event they're saying it is?
    i'm wondering that myself (except for me being in Navan). would be nice if i could change the alarm from 5:45am to 8:30am and work from home, if anyone has any idea how likely a fresh snowfall over this way would be? :)

looking out the windows now it looks like a clear sky, but it was clear in work this morning until it all started out of nowhere, so its impossible to tell without knowing how to interpret the weathery type stuff.

can't rely on the met or rte, so i'm praying to the boards.ie weather gods. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain/hail/sleet/snow mixture here. A mess.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

thanks pistolpetes11 that does look better than the raders i can use and see.

looks like a lot.

snow at sea lvl here.
    winds picked up, maybe a lot of drifts in the moring

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

snow turned heavy but still medium flakes in Sandyford, 15 mins of this and it will fill in todays footprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

It seems to be only starting for you my friend ;)

137291.jpg

& please let us know isle ofman - you look like your about to be hammered

• Advertisement

Still waiting in Maynooth..... working in Blanch tomorrow for 9:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Showers missing Dalkey for ages now, light graupel at best...thaw gaining momentum.....and the NE wind hasnt even set in properly :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

isle of man how is it going for you has it started yet

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    heard 5 cm of slush.

I think theyre saying less than 5 mm of slush?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Properly snowing in Crumlin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

carlmwan wrote: »
    Lets hope not:( what runway is it E10?

With winds picking up and snow coming I cant see them using 16-34 with winds at 90 degrees to it. Its shorter too. So 10-28 closed is airport closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Awh! Just out of curiosity which is the north western side of Maynooth? College end or other side?

Correct, the College & NUI areas. There should be some short showers over the night, I'd go to sleep and wake early if I were you as that's when the action may happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Aquals wrote: »
    I think theyre saying less than 5 mm of slush?

10mm of slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i heard 1/3 of the runway is covered in slush. i think they may have to close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Snowing heavily in carrickimines the past 15mins yaaay but beginning to ease Off now again, hopefully there's more to come!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement