Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Light flurry stopped in blackrock no thunder or lightning so looks like we've been overlooked:-(((((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tinerua

Wonder what the odds are of schools in Dublin closing tomorrow? Would be nice to make a snow ball fort with the kids in the morning instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The M2 buoy (off howth) is reporting -0.6c this is good news for Dublin snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

People really do like snow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Just heard of a local death after a fall in the snow today . Sympathies with this young famiy. An air of caution is needed with the snow. Remember itsnot all excitement for all. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Iancar29 wrote: »
    NO its the 1000 + people on!, this must be a record for the weather form?!

Just to note, the slowdowns are an unrelated issue. :)
    Conor wrote: »
    It's not the weather forum.

The machines have plenty of spare capacity, but we're dropping connections somewhere. It could be a network issue, or it could be an issue with our load balancer (although both appear to be fine).

When we fix it, you'll notice. If we don't, you'll also notice.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056097987&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Dublin airport closed.. De-icing apparently.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, and a friction test will be needed also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

anyone got a link to where I can hear it, sounds interesting!

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Dublin Airport runaway Appears to be back open??

I Say there just using a different runaway!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Latest radar really showing activity picking up in the Irish Sea

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

patneve2 wrote: »
    Why is a NE bad ?

because the wind is currently blowing off land and things are looking marginal already (1.0 celcius here), when it switches to NE temps will rise...you'll be fine though as you're well inland in Kildare

Will the north east not be coming in from a bitterly cold UK, pretty much the same as the easterly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

tinerua wrote: »
    Wonder what the odds are of schools in Dublin closing tomorrow? Would be nice to make a snow ball fort with the kids in the morning instead!

all closed in Bray. Not surprised - still cant see tar on the roads yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Is it just me or is the Met Eireann radar on the blink and stuck at 9:30pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

is there any chance of heavy snow hitting dundrum in the next 12 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

RobitTV wrote: »
    Dublin Airport runaway Appears to be back open??

I Say there just using a different runaway!

What about the friction test ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

the dew point is -0.6c off Howth, the air temp is 5.7...im scared of a temperature rise when the surface winds start blowing from that direction (NE). At the moment the surface winds are variable from N to NNW to NW to W in the Dublin area, the showers are being pushed in because the circulation higher up in the sky is NE

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

blizzarding in Castlleknock!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

Heavy snow in South Wexford now. YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I've posted this before (& will again)

Could I just suggest that anyone with old or infirm neighbors just check in on them tomorrow, see if they need anything from the shops, etc. its all fun for us but can be hell for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is going to happen:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snow in naas ! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Been snowing (large flakes turning to graupel) for the last half hour here now, easing off becoming heavy again, constant fall,few cm's coverage,completely clouded over now, looks like we'll have a fall on and off throughout the night.

........and now over to him for the sports news......

Barcelona 5 - (un)Real Madrid 0 Special One??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I'm still quietly confident in M.T. Craniums afternoon update - it's not often he's far wrong and I would imagine if anything had changed he would have posted another update (he's been lurking in the forum an hour or so ago so I know he's up)

Puddings, eating, Rome not built in a day - you get my drift !

Nite all...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Looks like not too long till things turn fully easterly. I wonder do all our new lurkers know how many time we have been dissapointed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Just heard of a local death after a fall in the snow today . Sympathies with this young famiy. An air of caution is needed with the snow. Remember itsnot all excitement for all. RIP.
    thart's very sad Lucy.

also everyone try and call and/or look in on any elderly relatives or neighbours who might not be able to get out (or dare to). its not a fun time of year for the elderly at all, esp. those who don't have many people to look in on them and make sure they're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Snow appears to be Battering Isle of man Looking at the Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Saganist wrote: »
    What about the friction test ?

was wondering that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Still no snow in D4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

People really do like snow :P

and the prize for stating the obvious when there are more than a thousand online on this forum goes to. . .

:P :P :P :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Right I want some of that Radio action, whats the frequency/website please?

This monster snow threads reminds me of following the Dakar Rally each year on ADVRider.com. It's just as addictive which reminds me the Dakar madness starts in a month or so!

BTW its stopped snowing at the Aviva awhile ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement