Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Here's a site that does all the air traffic over europe, you can track every flight (click on plane for details)

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

snaps wrote: »
    Theres only 4 planes circuling at the moment around Dublin. Imagine if this was Paris or London

I think it's the flight from Paris, Charles de Gaulle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

guil wrote: »
    what app is that

Plane finder. I use the liveatc app in the background and watch the planes come in on plane finder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

tv just went off randomly , and some interference on headphones... lightning strike??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    one of the airline pilots said there was a couple of control issues

Yeh, i heard that, sounds risky to land on the runaway since its very slushy and slippery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Leejo wrote: »
    Erm, planes land in the airport throughout the night...

Wrong :( I got diverted due to dub being closed from 0210 last night and got in after the re-open at 0612.
    Dub as its now an international status is a 24hr airport however due to the weather are closing early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Snowing lightly in Newbridge again:)

Temp -3.4

DP -4.7
    nothing at all in brownstown since about 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Nervous pilot to control ...... " tailwinds 17 to 20 knots , I wouldn't like to be braking fast coming in" ...... would hate to be on an incoming Ryanair flight right now lol those guys come in like greyhounds to a hare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

gurramok wrote: »
    Err Douglas Marina is still in daylight on that webcam! :D
    lol, the main pics in the centre are stock photo's, the live webcam images are in the lefthand pane. you can click to enlarge. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

0ddcdf11.jpg

That's the details on the plane on it's way into Dublin now

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Nervous pilot to control ...... " tailwinds 17 to 20 knots , I wouldn't like to be braking fast coming in" ...... would hate to be on an incoming Ryanair flight right now lol those guys come in like greyhounds to a hare!!!

Ryanair, take off and Land, like a greyhound lol

Wouldnt surprise me if the plane Slipped off the runaway alltogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

RobitTV wrote: »
    Yeh, i heard that, sounds risky to land on the runaway since its very slushy and slippery

exactly, in particular ryanair flight. there terrors for landing fast and quick

lol Arsene Wenger is moonlighting as a pilot ...... I swear it was him i heard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

No they don't :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

this isn't an aviation forum, why aren't you guys commenting on the train of showers about to hit co. dublin??

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

We're taking fairly good braking action at the moment. normally auto-brake set to 3 or to max with the weather at the moment we are taking auto break setting 2 anti-skid to full and manual breaking where possible.

Only reason this is, is because if we are to slide on the active apply full power and we will go around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Night all, enjoy the vigil and fingers crossed all those planes get down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

This ATC action is a great way of killing time while we wait !

Still hats off to those guys !

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    exactly, in particular ryanair flight. there terrors for landing fast and quick

I Remember when i was taking off at Cork on a Ryanair flight, i wasnt expecting the plane to go off like 20 greyhounds, holy god it was so fast, i was shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

patneve2 wrote: »
    this isn't an aviation forum, why aren't you guys commenting on the train of showers about to hit co. dublin??

You took the words right out of my mouth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

patneve2 wrote: »

My Thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I love how this thread has turned into a dublin airport watch thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i think there is a glitch the aviation forum is coming up as the weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Guys, the airplane stuff was interesting about 10 pages ago...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Is there not an air traffic thread on boards ?

You can look at all your aircraft here http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

Now go and make a thread this is for WEATHER

anyway going to start getting little bits (of snow, not aircraft) in Dublin soon

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

any news on the isle of man or the northern posters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This place is going to be absolutely bananas in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well technically same could be said for a volcanic eruption.

plus, airline pilots have a good knowledge of weather and can tell us whats going on out in the irish sea with the snow

RobitTV wrote: »
    Ryanair, take off and Land, like a greyhound lol

Wouldnt surprise me if the plane Slipped off the runaway alltogether

I know it too well Robit , i use the fookers twice a month every month and everytime its the same ....always trying to make ground ....... Scottish voice "you have arrived on yit another ontame flight, Ryanair had a 95% on tame recurd last yer" :rolleyes: ....stay in your seat until you get your breath back and thank god alls ok!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

andy_g wrote: »
    Wrong :( I got diverted due to dub being closed from 0210 last night and got in after the re-open at 0612.
    Dub as its now an international status is a 24hr airport however due to the weather are closing early.

Well obviously I meant under normal circumstances. If the airport forces the airport to close that's different

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement