Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Wouldn't worry about a pilot reporting low fuel, it just means if he doesn't get landing clearance soon they will have to divert, probably to Shannon, while there is enough fuel to divert. Pain in the ass for passengers and crew.

Landing runway was changed a couple of times today due to winds. Bear in mind a good landing is one you can walk away from, a great landing is when you can use the plane again!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Night all, enjoy the vigil and fingers crossed all those planes get down!

Huh, you're heading off while Maynooth will be hit by snow within the next 5-10 mins :>

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

come on please back to the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

DominoDub wrote: »
    This ATC action is a great way of killing time while we wait !

Still hats off to those guys !

How do you listen ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Next band of showers to hit the coast in at about half 1 ... ?... thats my guess from the radar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Surely that snow over Leeds is bound to hit Meath/Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I know it too well Robit , i use the fookers twice a month every month and everytime its the same ....always trying to make ground ....... Scottish voice "you have arrived on yit another ontame flight, Ryanair had a 95% on tame recurd last yer" :rolleyes: ....stay in your seat until you get your breath back and thank god alls ok!!!

Lol, then Ryanair play there cheesy Song, "LETS FLY LETS FLY FLY RYNAIR..." haha, there just craziest airline ever, and scary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

The band really intensified when it hit the coast at Belfast. Wonder how far it will make it inland. I am directly west of Belfast on the west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well technically same could be said for a volcanic eruption.

plus, airline pilots have a good knowledge of weather and can tell us whats going on out in the irish sea with the snow

What have they said about snow ? they have said they are having trouble landing but I'm not telling you how the missus is having trouble parking the car!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Supercell wrote: »
    Guys, the airplane stuff was interesting about 10 pages ago...

Maybe so, but if they're giving an indication of how much snow is on the runway then it tells us what's falling/has fallen. Always very precise too.

"some weather quite close to the airfield" at present, and the 0000Z METAR just ticked over to M01/M01 temps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Sleet falling in Greystones now

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

Lads this thread is on fire!!!

Very exciting first night for me on Boards!!!:)

..Still no snow in Laois tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Joe10000 wrote: »
    How do you listen ???

there is a link posted a few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Can the Plane fanbois please post their fascinating reports in the Plane fanboi forum ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Changed due to a nasty cell on the approach at one stage leading to a couple of lightening strikes! :mad:
    Danbo! wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry about a pilot reporting low fuel, it just means if he doesn't get landing clearance soon they will have to divert, probably to Shannon, while there is enough fuel to divert. Pain in the ass for passengers and crew.

Landing runway was changed a couple of times today due to winds. Bear in mind a good landing is one you can walk away from, a great landing is when you can use the plane again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Guys, the airplane stuff was interesting about 10 pages ago...

While typing a reply there is usually 10 pages added to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

NufcNavan wrote: »

It'll lose most of it's momentum if I've learned anything on this forum, but pick up again over the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

sdonn wrote: »
    Maybe so, but if they're giving an indication of how much snow is on the runway then it tells us what's falling/has fallen. Always very precise too.

"some weather quite close to the airfield" at present, and the 0000Z METAR just ticked over to M01/M01 temps :D

It wasn't snow. It was more like hail.

NufcNavan wrote: »

Thought that myself but there was wind in ther Irish sea that was pushing things south ? update anyone on wind conditions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Night folks, no snow here in Killester, skies looking clear to my east ,hoping to wake in the morning to lots of snow :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Can the Plane fanbois please post their fascinating reports in the Plane fanboi forum ?

In all fairness, the ATC's are now asking various aircraft to advise them of weather conditions . . . so can be a little bit useful. ;)

But yeah, how are things looking in the Irish Sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

there was a bit of sleet in south belfast about half an hour ago - but nothing at the minute - oh hold on, just went to the door and it looks like rain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is Dublin and Wicklow getting the bashing it was expecting?
    Forgive me for not reading the countless pages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Belfast looks like its going to Get A Blizzard, any reports from there? anyone? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

irish1967 wrote: »
    The band really intensified when it hit the coast at Belfast. Wonder how far it will make it inland. I am directly west of Belfast on the west coast.

Yeah I really need to be getting to bed soon but its lovely looking at the moment, moving fast so I might stick it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Well I have two trays of Guinness chilling in the snow and Im not feeling tired. So fu*k it im here till I pass out.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Skygone lovely & orange here & as i type snow starting to fall again

In all fairness, the ATC's are now asking various aircraft to advise them of weather conditions . . . so can be a little bit useful. ;)

But yeah, how are things looking in the Irish Sea?

O.K. a little but not the last 20 pages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Few showers to hit the coast, hope it's not rain..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement