Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

any reports from our northern posters as it looks like it has really picked up when it hit land

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

There is definitely some serious looking cells heading our way - just off the coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very heavy hail shower here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Winger it was supposed to hit an hour ago, I have to be awake to deal with my rowdy teenagers at school tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Jeez guys lighten up ffs , your running the risk of sounding anal , like fooking plane spotters n trainspotters ... here's the latest ......snow has stopped at the moment in Dublin 24 ...... when it starts again , I'll let you know ....in the meantime I'm filling the waiting time (my waiting time) as I see fit!!!!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

In all fairness, the ATC's are now asking various aircraft to advise them of weather conditions . . . so can be a little bit useful. ;)

But yeah, how are things looking in the Irish Sea?

It may be but we all have access to the link and have the option to listen directly without reading word for word what they are saying. Its just clogging up this thread :)

Winger it was supposed to hit an hour ago, I have to be awake to deal with my rowdy teenagers at school tomorrow!

Edit it's snowing!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

How are things looking now we are closer to the event ? Do we still expect this first wave to hit as rain rather than snow ?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I feel slightly guilty for wishing for loads of snow given that I'm close to plenty of shops with good public transport. I have friends stuck up the mountains and down the country who aren't so lucky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there snow falling again around the city centre? Guiness weather camera has terrible visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Well if you look outside you'll see it's snowing in Maynooth now, quite heavy although the flakes are so small you really need to look carefully at the lamp post. I expect it will get heavier soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

any hope of any of it making the west coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

on met.ie 5 day weather forecast for saturday is that precip in green gonna be rain or snow cause that looks amazing if its snow!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

any reports from the North, looks like heavy stuff up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lads your fine, cork doesnt want snow at all. you can have it all and your thunder and lightening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Irish sea is really playing its part tonight :
    137313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Is there snow falling again around the city centre? Guiness weather camera has terrible visibility.

I'm just a couple if mins from guinness and nothing here. Sky was clearing but cloud starting to build up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Few showers to hit the coast, hope it's not rain..

Pixie rain it is for Greystones...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nope dry as a bone here by the Eastlink bridge.
    Everything got covered in the thunderhail earlier, so even the bridge is pure white now (was melted earlier)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Saw it just after I posted! Its well sticking, car is already white! Come on the inches, then I won't get to school lo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

RobitTV wrote: »
    any reports from the North, looks like heavy stuff up there!

just a little bit of rain at the minute in south belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very slushy looking wet snow falling now, 1.0C/-0.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hi Pangea and Harps. :) ah the rest of the Donegal brigade has arrived. You guys watching Belfast. Think it was just reported as rain. Wonder if it will make it across to see us. Should be snow if it makes it this far. No weather site or app is giving us any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

trogdor wrote: »
    Very heavy hail shower here

looks like its falling as rain at the end of the Killarney Rd. Lucky my boss has already closed the school for tomorrow (as I switch my phone off!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is there anyway of having a special thread on weather boards for posters who have 500 posts on the weather forum? Its hard to engage with the regulars :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Pelting down now in north Drogheda about 20mm in the last 10 mins sticking like shi.. to a blanket:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Pixie rain it is for Greystones...

Indeed and it's causing the snow on my roof to thaw somewhat which is causing a hell of a noise as it slides across the velux windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fog horn just started up in Dun L. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heavy graupel just hitting D4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

That stream of small cells should be hitting Howth by now and then on to the city

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement