Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lashing down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Heavy graupel shower in Rathfarnham followed by light snowing. Still falling. Everything white again. Bodes well for the Main Event later tonight and tomorrow. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd be tempted to stay up and watch it. So annoying the way most of our snow has fallen at night time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Light dusting of graupel happening now in D8 near the brewery. Not really showing up on the weather-cam on top of the Storehouse:

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

Snowing lightly just a couple of mins away. Edit think your graupel just hit here. Can usually see for miles from my window. Can see very little now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Flipmo

Wind has picked up in Baldoyle, light sleet/snow. Thanks for info guys. That cell hitting Howth, is there much in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

gutters arer dripping here,
    has it warmed up alot?
    why?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Supercell wrote: »

Are you near the IFSC by any chance?I have to go down there tomorrow and was wondering about walking conditions. Last winter that area was very dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Birds Eye peas have started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

feck all happening on the northside (D5/17). hopefully it kicks up.

there was a few pebbles of hail there a min ago but not much. sky looks nice and orange :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Starting to graupel heavily enough here in Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Supercell wrote: »

snow, rain, grauple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dam. Gonna have to stay awake now and see what is about to hit us. Bet it disapates before it gets here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Heavy graupel here, looks like theres alot more to come:D Loads of cloud off the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Light snow falling in Navan, but quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

what's happening here in Dalkey is actually quite funny at this point. Showers to my south and to my north not even a hailstone. grr

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    gutters arer dripping here,
    has it warmed up alot?
    why?

i am a few miles south of gorey and it freezing like hell here its -3.2c outside

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Snowing here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hopefully the mountains in Derry wont take much intensity out of it, still seems strong enough at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

a94390dd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Grapuel....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

snowing now in enfield , not that heavy but we've had about 1/2" so far tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

serious snow in Carlow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

guil wrote: »
    I'd nearly drive in now for a look. I drive one of the AES trucks parked in bord na mona. It's just up the road from you. Should be fun at 5am

Im in Kilbelin Abbey , forget about Wednesday up here !

Still coming down but not as heavy, still good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Clear skies in Dundalk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

darkman2 wrote: »
    Are you near the IFSC by any chance?I have to go down there tomorrow and was wondering about walking conditions. Last winter that area was very dodgy.

Yes, am about 500 metres away.
    Its pretty snowy right now, maybe tomorrow midday will be better though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hard in d18 in the last 30 seconds. Lets GO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Snowing now in Dundalk! Small flakes. Light breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I have to say I think I like the graupel best. Laying in bed listening to it bounce down the chimney, off the metal grate and onto the carpet. I now have a polystyrene hearth rug. OMG I could quite literally get snowed in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

cant stay up any longer, may or may not be making the venture into college tomorrow depending on what im greeted with in the morning.

All I can say is, please let it absolutely belt down and i hope to awake to a good day.

Have fun folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Stream working now, limited to 15 boardsies though because camstreams are tight b**lockses :P

http://ncdweathercam.camstreams.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Snowing now in Dundalk! Small flakes. Light breeze.

Moving south by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement